Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bicycle Thread.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
By Jesus man!!
I thought I over analysed shxt.
Are you competing in such as triathlons and pushing 10ths of seconds , Asking ( not by your first post)
But if probably wrong forum for!!!!. Asking !!

== Stop overanalysing
Buy the style and what you can justify to spend = ( as we all humans do )= and then enjoy!!!!

And then If you have moved on= eventually, accept you've progressed and respend at that point of time

Lol I'm a single mechanic with no life I spend all my time over analyzing stuff.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Lol I'm a single mechanic with no life I spend all my time over analyzing stuff.
Could be why you are single. With dirty hands, talking sxxt and wondering what you could do with the opposite sex, may be a bit of a turn off:)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
As someone who has snapped a chain it's not easy to do. Talking full power output and the front wheel hitting something to basically have you at a stop from said full power output. So lots of tension.
Also know of a few who have snapped and twisted cranks/pedals but they have crazy outputs.
For most people components last if you do the most basic of maintenance.

They do make wider rears in mtbs as they advanced, but I gave up following those sizes after they left the 135/142 world.
Road bikes and bmx's have stayed standardised for so long which is handy.

For the average person, a simple reliable gearset, semi decent brakes and so on are more than enough. But I'm still adamant if a bike shop says you need clips just to pedal around they muppets (trying to upsell and make you blend into everyone else).
Learn all the skills first to be a better rider then decide from there. Trust me when I say they hate it when you ride a bike in ways they shouldn't be because they are fully capable.
Riding a 50s posties road bike, single speed uphill when guys on new decked out road bikes couldn't only to then go bunnyhop gaps and find jumps while watching a mate on a similar era ladies Malvern star holding a manual for streets.

Reactions: Lex

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Guess everyone got scared off.

Anyway, first time on a bike yesterday in almost 2 months.
Borrowed a set of rollers to be able to start to get the legs spinning.
Definitely a different feeling, but was good for a first pedal in so long.

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
As someone who has snapped a chain it's not easy to do. Talking full power output and the front wheel hitting something to basically have you at a stop from said full power output. So lots of tension.
Also know of a few who have snapped and twisted cranks/pedals but they have crazy outputs.
For most people components last if you do the most basic of maintenance.

You can snap one without much power from cross-chaining via poor gear selection though. Or from poor quicklink installs, but that's not so much snapping the chain itself really

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Has anyone tried buying a bike recently? Looking for something hybrid/gravel for 1-2k. Nobody has any stock...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Stock comes in batches these days. Bicycles online is often your best bet, they may have stock or it's not far away. Bang for buck they're hard to beat. I got a Marin Kentfield CS2 hybrid and chucked on some Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2" and hydraulic brakes to make it more gravel. Best bike I've ever ridden

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
You can snap one without much power from cross-chaining via poor gear selection though. Or from poor quicklink installs, but that's not so much snapping the chain itself really

Yeah or poor maintenance. Mine was honestly at the end of its life and should have been changed out prior. Did snap the quicklink in half as it was the weak point. Most times we avoid using those links.

As for stock, depends what you want and how far your willing to travel. They can be found or a good shop should be able to be of some help.
Or 2nd hand can be a good option.

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Has anyone tried buying a bike recently

I bought a Kona because the shipment was supposedly 2-3wks away, but it took another 5mths. If you just want a gravel bike I'd get whatever you can find in stock, there are so many decent gravel options these days.