Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The bitching thread for all the off topic crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
All I needed was a cable without plugs attached. My current cable is faulty and was causing the light to not work. These high voltage cables don't last forever and after years can start to play up. Solder joining high voltage cable is not the proper way and if I did that the globes would need chopping off to be replaced.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can you still drive over there and shop, Not allowed here we gone to lock-down again in my area.
Yes.
As for soldering high voltage cables it would be pretty hard considering they are a tiny thin cable that draws just a few amps, as a result the cable doesn't need to be thick like a 12v cable has to be.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You can buy cable and single phase plugs/sockets at your local electrical outlet. Might even find then at a bunnings, I've not looked at I like industrial spec stuff that's a bit harder wearing.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So you do the bare minimum to get the dole....And you also gloated about doing a stupid course where it had nothing to do with getting a job....It is obvious you have the system sussed out to stay on the dole for as long as you have.
And? That's not set by me that's centerlink guideline blame them, Also the course well that again was a job agency doing not mine, I don't know if you know job agencies have orders to, how it works if they fail to show anything to help you then that agent / person becomes unemployed so to prevent that they throw you in useless courses to make them look good even if it wont help their clients but you know this right because your full aware about the system, NOT. If your wife can work then why is she ripping off your taxes? Why isn't she working full time? Welfare bludger you know it because that's the same your saying to me. You good at bs wife abuser.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can buy cable and single phase plugs/sockets at your local electrical outlet. Might even find then at a bunnings, I've not looked at I like industrial spec stuff that's a bit harder wearing.
The 12v HID cable and plugs can be bought from electrical wholesale?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ohh sorry, I thought you were talking about 240 volt single phase stuff.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Wrong advise there. DC not AC.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might be doing it differently now anyway. I think the more joins these 1000+v cables have the less reliable they can become. I'm probably going to use a grommet, drill the hole bigger and pass the entire plug through instead of using an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.