Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The car industry may be in a sales slump, but Holden it still selling plenty of Commo

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Not saying the Commodore is better than the Camry, just saying that the number of cylinders or the "carbon footprint" aren't the only factors the Government takes into consideration when choosing a car.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Government 'officials'? Do you realise how large government fleets are and who the people are that actually drive these cars?

Well what do you suggest I call them? Government wanks?
Public service officials? Dudes?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Technically public servants lol Just when people say officials they tend to mean MP's etc.

The point is in South Australia alone there are over 8,400 cars in the State Government fleet. There would be over 50,000 government vehicles across the nation.

These aren't just MP's etc, most of these vehicles are for people working in areas like Family SA etc., its not like they get to choose the vehicles they drive. The only concernable image is the governments, which at the moment would be preferrably a green image.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I would say fining people for clearing property of fallen trees and large amounts of potential fire fuel to be partly contributed to severity of the fire.

Many people couldn't touch the special "endangered" plants and trees on their property in fear of a big fine. Now all the endangered plants and trees are dead anyway, not to mention the terrible human toll with it.

Everyone out in the bush knows clearing the forests and land of fuel saves lives and stock. The aborigines were doing this before white man ever came to Australia.

So yes the greenflies are partially to blame.

As far as the car sales go, good on them. I don't see why police would drive around in a 4 cylinder car to start with? How is that hypocritical? How are you meant to catch hoons and other crims in a 4 cylinder NA car?

I don't know of any greenies that have the power to make laws such as these. But thanks to thousands of years or fires the only plants left in non rainforest Victoria all are capable of regenerating from fire, either by surviving the fire or regrowing from seed (which wouldn't be there if the tree had been removed). The Aboriginies destroyed a huge amount of the country with fire, not all that long ago the entire country was forest. Do you think the megafauna died out at the exact same time as Humans arrived by coincidence, they are no different to anyone else, it just took them longer. Humans break and destroy everything, that's all we do. If we die by fires we started ourselves well so be it, but you shouldn't go around breaking everything else just because you can. I really thing all other life animal and plant needs to be protected from us the best that is possilble

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
There was a case just before the fires. A farmer was taken to court for clearing the land around his House off trees. He was fined $20,000 from memory. It was a greenie policy. The Vic government loves green votes, not hard to see how they became law.

Ironically his neighbors all lost their homes, and a few their lives.

Bush fires are naturally occurring in Australia. Yeah plants can regenerate, but endangered animals cannot, neither can human life. Aborigines destroying Australia with fire? I doubt it. Burning off in winter just does not get out of control

Clearing your land of fuel (bark, dead trees, long grass etc) saves lives. And this bushfire would not have been as tragic if people were allowed to clear their property.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
There was a case just before the fires. A farmer was taken to court for clearing the land around his House off trees. He was fined $20,000 from memory. It was a greenie policy. The Vic government loves green votes, not hard to see how they became law.

It was 50k, but he is thinking of suing the council the last I heard.