Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

.. the Commodore is dead, its official

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Commodore was already done, ZB is no Commodore to many of us.

20 October 2017 was the real date.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
No surprise really, it's felt like for some time that GM were trying to destroy the commodore in this country so they could justify dropping it all together. GM really haven't had much success in car selection for this country. I remember when they were rolling out the list of cars that were coming when the VF was killed off and one of the people high up said "these were the cars Australians were going to buy" or something along those lines. The whole attitude at that time was just pure arrogance and it's bit them hard, I don't believe GM really have any interest in the Aussie car market anyhow so don't really care.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
"Racing is a strong part of Holden’s brand identity and we will assess our options as Supercars continues to evolve its rules for the next generation of cars currently due to be introduced in 2022"

This made me laugh... say hello to our new Colorado Supercar!

They are already racing them in the superutes...(Might be wrong with what they're called)....They have about 6 rounds, interlinked with the V8 supertaxis :), so makes sense...:D

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
With the way their sales are going it can't be too long before they shut the doors. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.
Perhaps if they sold cars that we want rather what they want us to want then they might be in a better position

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
With the way their sales are going it can't be too long before they shut the doors. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.
Perhaps if they sold cars that we want rather what they want us to want then they might be in a better position

I'm sure I saw some numbers the other day that showed Holden were selling more than Subaru and a number of others yet no one is sh!t canning their numbers.

Strange days indeed.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The commodore will never die, it is coming back soon like the phoenix but it will be called the CHINADORE with the great american slogan ® its L.es.S or its nothing ® or ® LS the world ®

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
However, with buyer preferences moving to SUVs in recent years, and with the Commodore name shifting to an imported car that offered fewer unique selling points, sales fell off a cliff.

Year to date, Commodore sales are down by 37 per cent, in a market that has slumped by 8.2 per cent. For 2019, Holden expects Commodore sales to top out at around 8700 units.

The Commodore's value to Holden is also hampered by the fact it is no longer built by Holden parent General Motors.

Geez , we didn't see that coming did we!!!!
Well we did!!!!!
But the very smart executives at Holden and GM didn't , or did they = we don't want to sell passenger cars anymore.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
They are already racing them in the superutes...(Might be wrong with what they're called)....They have about 6 rounds, interlinked with the V8 supertaxis :), so makes sense...:D
Really good companion class to cars that don't exist.
The light trucks have rolling start , the tail flips out and they fall over ... as you would expect.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The way I see it, is they are going to concentrate on what the majority of market place dictates....SUV's and alikes..especially with what I read in the paper and from what I see getting around

I did see what market they were aiming at with the ZB, but unfortunately didn't succeed capturing

Time will tell, if the concentrated line up succeeds, rather than the broader base they were running with