Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The complete Vn-Vr Manual Conversion Guide.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
lol, dont complain about road noise up the trans tunnel, i didnt seal mine off before i went for a drive, heater + loud nosie generator. Not even the plate that goes there haha, i was too happy to be driving the car.

Cheak the speed sensor hasent broke off or is shorter or somthing, had a prob with haydz car i think we just used the arm thats inside the sender from the auto one, i cant remember if there different or not

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Today I bought a full V6 T5 conversion kit and I have a few Q's about model specific info between VN S1/S2 Manual setups. All I know is that the kit was pulled from a VN V6. Im now looking for a cheap VP to stick it all in as bit of a project car.

Now, I know that VN S1 Auto and Manual have different cranks, but VN S2 Manual had the same crank as VP Auto and Manual. But what about clutch, flywheel (besides mounting to crank), starter motor.etc? Are they also VN S1/S2 specific? Im certain that it will all bolt up to a VP but for example; if I bought a new clutch kit, is there a different between a VN S1/S2 clutch and flywheel?

EDIT: Just realized in pics its a 6 bolt flywheel so VN S1 :(. The place Im going to might be nice enough to exchange for a VN S2/VP flywheel. Will a VN S1 clutch bolt to a S2/VP flywheel? Depending on what I can get when I pick it up. :)

Last edited:

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Also now that I know its all from a VN S1, am I going to have any conflict with input shaft length on the box itself if I fit it to a S2+? I can recall hearing something about shaft length but that could have just been the V6/V8 box differences. Also what about the shaft pattern? Or was it the same throughout the V6 range?

Im racking my brain atm, sorry if I get annoying. :p

EDIT (lol): After some reading of the V6 crank info thread I found that the box should be the same. So it should all be sweet apart from needing an 8 bolt flywheel. Swaps anyone :p? Im hoping that all manual starter motors were the same too between S1/S2. If not Il worry about that later. :)

Last edited:

scrabet

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
hey just wondering how tight do you do the flywheel bolts up
cheers reece

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
hey just wondering how tight do you do the flywheel bolts up
cheers reece

hey mate. ill have a read when i find my gregorys.

but its not all that tight. dont just go for your life on tightening them or they will snap.

be warned. its a pain in the arse getting them out of the crank.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
for those of you that wish to wire the stock harness into an 808 or 082 vr man ecu heres my pinout swap from my latest repinning exercise delcohacking.net • View topic - VR AUTO TO 808 ECU should be all the info you need to run the vn or vr manual ecu while using the stock VR auto wiring harness

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
Hey mate, about the flywheel bolts

hey mate. ill have a read when i find my gregorys.

but its not all that tight. dont just go for your life on tightening them or they will snap.

be warned. its a pain in the arse getting them out of the crank.

G'day, is it possible to use the Auto flexplate bolts into the manual flywheel, i put locktite on them all and they spun it a bit before they were finger tight then a turn or so with the torque wrench before they were actually starting to torque then a little bit more before they were torqued. Will this be ok ? :bow:

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
azzfox: sorry i must have missed your earlier posts. the gearbox is identical and will fit anything even up to an ecotec. the clutch is also the same. the only difference is that the flywheel has 6 bolts on a s1 and a s2 have 8.

xtreme sony: please do not use the auto flex plate bolts to hold your flywheel on. theese bolts are intended for single use and using the shorter auto ones would give it even less grip.

they will fit but if you use them you are endangering not only your own life but also that of any other road user.