Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The creaking sound my car makes is driving me insane!!

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
the oil would have mixed with dust in the engine bay and taken it into places it normally wouldn't get into. Glad you got it sorted

P

Pauldw500

Usually your first thought about the oil is the correct one, thinking back to when it started has given you an insight into the root cause.
Let us know how it progresses.
Yeah just didn't know where to look or what to do. I naively thought squeak, creak = WD40 but as good as the stuff is, I'm now not convinced spraying the rubber joints like crazy is the go. With hindsight I'm wondering does WD40 go all dry after a while. I dunno, but yeah gonna go test her soon as seems to be a dry day so far.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Yeah just didn't know where to look or what to do. I naively thought squeak, creak = WD40 but as good as the stuff is, I'm now not convinced spraying the rubber joints like crazy is the go. With hindsight I'm wondering does WD40 go all dry after a while. I dunno, but yeah gonna go test her soon as seems to be a dry day so far.
The degreaser will help to break it down, I'd do it a second time in a week or so.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
pull the seat out and degrease it as well. :D

(i'm kidding, but it's actually an old trick to clean cloth seats ;) )

P

Pauldw500

So just back from a 2hr drive, towing. 1st hour I was all proud and smug, telling my partner how I used to hate the creaking and squeaking the car makes and how it's as good as silent now...

Jinx!!!

Fark almost as I said it the song I was playing went quiet and the creaking is back. By the time I got home it was sounding worse than ever... :(

Gonna give them rubber bushes or whatever they are another soaking with degreaser and another gerni. If it don't work I'm wondering if silicon spray will work... it's getting desperate now... :mad:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What strut tops are you running at the front?