Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The creaking sound my car makes is driving me insane!!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You gotta replace those. I use the poly/rubber combo ones.

Rogue Trooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SII SV6
IIRC, there was a semi-common issue with squeaking driver's seats in VE.

A search here might provided the solution.

Had this issue myself. If it's the same problem then solution here...

P

Pauldw500

What weight are you towing, and how long for? You may have stretched your car. Sounds daft I know, but it does happen. This may cause a creaking panel. Just a thought.
OK just drove the car. Last time I drove it I was towing and it was creaking so bad I was cursing the car and misso said I should sell it... o_O

Anyway, just drove 5 mins to shops and not 1 creak. Maybe I HAVE stretched something.

I have knocking from front nearside but know what it is. Gonna get wheels off and either give another degrease and rinse, or may e just spray some silicon spray in there...

Love / hate relationship with my car as said before, and I sometimes think it would be nice with some leccy gadgets a nice smaller newer car would have...

Hmmmm....

P

Pauldw500

Sway bar joints to blame apparently. 3 mechanics have had a look/listen and all say it's the rubbers in the sway bay.

I've sprayed them both heaps with WD40 and it still creaks... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Sway bar joints to blame apparently. 3 mechanics have had a look/listen and all say it's the rubbers in the sway bay.

I've sprayed them both heaps with WD40 and it still creaks... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF....

WD40 is not a lubricant it is a water dispersant (it dries out), try a lubricant. Something rubber safe.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
WD40 is not a lubricant it is a water dispersant (it dries out), try a lubricant. Something rubber safe.
Yes the silicone spray l've got is a water dispersant as well. Definitely wouldn't help to lubricate squeaky bushings.

P

Pauldw500

So tried both WD40 and silicone spray...

I might just take the damn sway bar off the car...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So tried both WD40 and silicone spray...

I might just take the damn sway bar off the car...

then you could put some kind of grease into it which may just not have been done at install.

If you wish to continue with sprays maybe a white lithium spray instead.

WD-40 also make one of those, but i dunno, that's more of a metal to metal - i guess it could work?