Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The deadly rattle!

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I had a d bush swaybar bracket nut/s come loose and at times like you described it allowed the swaybar to move around and split the rubber bush at its void and rub metal to metal swaybar against steel bracket until it sprang back...sounded like the front end was falling apart but thats all it was...put a new rubber bush in but all i had to do really was do the nuts back up ....i thought it could have been link rod joints initially and i replaced them but that was a waste of money... in hindsight.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Hey guys me again! Yay! Haha okay serious note! I have this annoying rattle in the front and rear of my car (ve 07 sedan) bare with me while I try to explain this lmao… so it sounds an empty trailer going over pumps with empty tin cans bouncing around! Sorry the best I can do to explain that! Also when I brake there’s a few clunk noises happening like something is smacking into the car as I’ve started to slow down! It used to only rattle sometimes but now it’s constantly and even on flat road there’s rattle… I’m so sorry if me explaining this was terrible but yes I have a bad front and rear rattle!

Suspension noise is generally 'clunks' 'clicks' and 'clacks'. Given how you're describing this noise; 'front and rear, trailer with empty tin cans bouncing around' I'd say it's almost definitely a catalytic convertor has dropped its lunch and is rattling internally. That's why the noise is hard to pick up from front to back, as it's basically coming from the middle of the car. Jack it up and given them a good hit with your hand or tap with a mallet.