Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Why would you want Chev badges on a V6 anyway ?? Find a Buick badge :)
And minux...... yes they are Commodores not Chevs but my SS isnt powered by a commodore motor....

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
Chev

Hi,

I put gold VY chev bowties on my car, plus the CHEVROLET rear garnish I picked up for American Autos, also the 5.7 HIGHOUTPUT V8 badges on my white Berlina Gen3. It looks unique. They may have been born as a Holden, but when they went to the arabs, they became Chevs. Some people may call the bowties ugly and pro-american, but you can spot my car a mile away. (The lovely exhaust note is a dead give away too). My suggestion is do the conversion and join the arab wannabe club!!

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i might be unique and put datsun badges on, and up the side where the v6 badges are ill put 120Y, and just below it ill put 1.2litre.

do you guys think i should put monaro lights or black ones, the two different types are attatched, which do you guys think looks better? i have a white vt btw. and what is the standard going rate to get a vx rear boot garnish sprayed? and where can i purchase the lights and garnish for a cheap price around the perth area? anyone know?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
SSZ-57L said:
Why would you want Chev badges on a V6 anyway ?? Find a Buick badge :)
And minux...... yes they are Commodores not Chevs but my SS isnt powered by a commodore motor....

No commodore was ever powered by a"commodore" motor. Fact remains its still a holden commodore not a holden chevadore ;)

R

rattattack1313

Settle down everyone,please...... Last thing we want in here is a bloodbath....everybody is entitled to put whatever they want on their car...I mean.............................. I have a "Special" badge off an EH on my Vee Pee......... :thumbsup: only badge on her......

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I suppose it's true in one way. Those 5.7l SS do have a chev motor in them.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Timzo said:
i might be unique and put datsun badges on, and up the side where the v6 badges are ill put 120Y, and just below it ill put 1.2litre.

do you guys think i should put monaro lights or black ones, the two different types are attatched, which do you guys think looks better? i have a white vt btw. and what is the standard going rate to get a vx rear boot garnish sprayed? and where can i purchase the lights and garnish for a cheap price around the perth area? anyone know?
i have the black ones timzo, i reckon they look pretty cool on a silver car, as for a white one, they should look equally cool....my opinion is the chrome ones look a little tacky.....but thats me.....as for the badges, i removed the V6 ones off the side, as for the lion emblems front and back, i took them off and painted them with nite shades....yes, the window tinting **** in a can.....would you believe they look really cool, i get heaps of comments on them, gives them a real dark shadowchrome effect and they arent going to peel or crack. 4 months and still going strong.

Infin8

VXIIBerlina 'Chrome Spec'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXIIBERLINA
Hey EcotecManiac,

Do you hav any pics of ya 'nite shade' badge??

Cheers,
Infin8

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
dont use nail polish remover unless you wanna remove a few coats of your paint.

if you use the proper PPG prepsol that panel beaters use this would be a lot better.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yeah I shoulda been a bit more clear with that.. Only use nail polish remover or paint stripper if you're doing it with a cotton bud.. And be bloody careful too..

It didn't really matter wiith mine cuz I slapped new badges on top of it.. But yeah, just be careful and don't rush it..

Just a less costly method..