Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "dumb offers" thread

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Those guys are idiots. You never get the asking price. The advertised price should be a bit more than what you're actually after. There was a Ducati Monster advertised for $6,500, I offered $5,500 and they accepted. Dad was looking at a VE Z series wagon for $34,000 and got it for $32,000.

The difference is that the offers you gave for the car and bike are realistic and genuine, and you made them while looking at them I'm guessing. Most of the people in that thread were being offered under half of their asking price without so much as even glancing at the car.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Those guys are idiots. You never get the asking price. The advertised price should be a bit more than what you're actually after. There was a Ducati Monster advertised for $6,500, I offered $5,500 and they accepted. Dad was looking at a VE Z series wagon for $34,000 and got it for $32,000.

Yeah if youre trying to sell a car for 3000 and someone comes and looks at it and goes for a test drive and offers you 2700 I feel thats a genuine offer, if anything you would be silly not to try knock a little bit off the price, but we're talking about people messaging you saying "swap you a ps3 and 4 games for your car"

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I always love reading the JC facebook page. Its a right laugh.

So many morons on there who want to trade stockies or beat up VN's for stuff.

I had my old VT GTS wheels for sale up here. 500 bucks. Which was an absolute steal (actually regret giving them away so cheap now and wish I had of kept them for daily wheels). Had people offer me crap like PS3's and other nonsense. Just give me 500 bucks cash and go away.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
JC facecube page? dafuq?

Not a dumb offer but it stands that genuine requests go much better. When we bought the Ford Ka, I had watched it go from 3500 down to 3000. The guy who owned it had moved overseas and it was his mother selling it for him and I didn't want to take advantage of a nice old lady over $100 or so. I did pick up a few issues that weren't mentioned so I didn't want to pay $3000. So I simply told the lady that gearbox will need replacing soon (the truth and has subsequently been replaced when 5th failed) and to tell her son that to me the car is only worth $2500. If he wants, we can stop the international back and forth and settle $2750 and both parties can be happy.... Picked it up the next morning.

From time to time I get the sexual favour offer from young girls coming through work. Usually from things that couldn't raise a half mast on a life sentence prisoner. Even if they could raise a half mast.... happily married, let me ask my wife if she is happy with that proposal?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
There's a JC Facebook page?

It's run by a former moderator. It's pretty much a buy, swap and sell page now.

There's a Canberra based buy/swap/sell page and there's more **** boxes than I care to count. Most people 'need it gorne ASAP' or 'will swop fr VN with choped springs and sport exhorst'. I recall some bloke listed a pretty awesome hotrod and was after around 40 grand for it. The first reply was something like 'mate, this is too good to list on Tyson's, you're only supposed to list over priced **** boxes here'.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Awesome. On my way now. Been hoping to swap my VT for a Veyron. Seems Legit.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
so...just looked on FB page....hahahahahaha

Selling hubcaps from VR/VS... $50.