Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Evo IX

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
#Evolyf struck again - My friends at absolute automotive cross threaded the majority of bolts holding the transfer to the gearbox, busted some hydraulic bushes, left my car out in the weather and rusted up all my clutch plates, oh and hammered the front centre driveshaft in a little bit skewey and mangled all the splines on each end - you get that when you try to reinstall a BENT bar back into a hole, took 2 hours and a lot of swearing to get the bastard back out again.

Jim Berry is rebuilding my clutch, and a million thanks goes to step up automotive at the gold coast who even went as far to drive up to my house, grab my car and take it back home with them - really top notch guys.

Sorry but how the heck do you cross thread these bolts? I have removed and replaced many transfer cases in VR4's (same as EVO) and never had an issue? Did they remove the shaft that goes thru from end to end? Makes it a lot easier to remove and then replace, you don't have to use the bolts to pull the transfer case back on again.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Sorry but how the heck do you cross thread these bolts? I have removed and replaced many transfer cases in VR4's (same as EVO) and never had an issue? Did they remove the shaft that goes thru from end to end? Makes it a lot easier to remove and then replace, you don't have to use the bolts to pull the transfer case back on again.

What can I say they're a skilled lot there - if you ever feel the need to have your car bagged out continually and pay for it these are your guys.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks goes to Jim berry for the upgraded clutch, and step up automotive for sorting everything out for me. Good guys!

mebu9ane.jpg

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
600 at all 4. But is it enough :p

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
round it down to 150 per wheel... doesn't when you put it like that haha.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
got some lag there J...... how come he laminated your dynosheet? he didnt even give me one for mine!!!!!!!!!!!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
got some lag there J...... how come he laminated your dynosheet? he didnt even give me one for mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Did your tune cost $2500 and take a month?

Speaking of taking heaps of time, some #### better come and put my air con in soon or I'll be up ripping out a harrop diff out of a commodore.

And I'm serious.

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
Did your tune cost $2500 and take a month?

Speaking of taking heaps of time, some #### better come and put my air con in soon or I'll be up ripping out a harrop diff out of a commodore.

And I'm serious.

righto righto calm ya ant farm I'm a busy man!