Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Shoulders are my favorite muscle to work, light weight and all in technique and burn.

None of you want to see my shoulder workout, you will all faint haha.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Post it. I want to try it.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Here it is, idea is low weight and extreme focus on technique, squeeze at top and all the way through the contraction.
Exhaust each individual head of the deltoid prior to doing a big compound at the end to finish them off. I'll put my current weights at the end of it.

Rear Delts
3 X 8-10 Seated bent over rear delt raise 10kg
3 X 8-10 Standing bent over rear delt raise 10kg
3 X 10 Standing rear delt squeeze (stand with dumbbells in hands with arms at 45o (right angles) and pull apart (stretches chest and flexes rear delt/traps)) 12kg
Mid Delts
3 X 10 Standing lateral raise (straight arm) 7.5kg - 10kg
3 X 10 Standing lateral curl (stand with dumbbells in hands with arms at 45o (right angles) and maintaining arm position, raise all the way above head (feel it flex/extend mid delt and contract trap at top of exercise) 10kg
Front Delts
3 X 10 Standing front raise (straight/semi bent elbow) 10kg - 12.5kg
Compound Delt (Everything)
3 X 8-10 Seated shoulder press (dumbbells) 25kg - 30kg
OR
3 X 8-10 Standing military press (barbell) 70kg
OR
3 X 8-10 Clean and press (barbell) 50kg
Traps
3 X 8 Barbell Shrugs 120kg

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Just saw this on TV, it's on right now, my abs are getting a workout... From laughing so hard haha

Last edited by a moderator:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Started a brand-spanking new program this week; first time in 5yrs I got a pro to devise it; 3 days a week, do 6 chest and 3 shoulder exercises day 1, day 2 is all arms and backs (9 exercises), day 3 is 6 core and 2 leg exercises. Have had to dramatically drop my weight used to get through it all though.....

In running news my ITB injury has come back to haunt me. This ruined my 2012 Canberra Marathon campaign. Gone back to doing the exercises and stretches that the physio prescribed. Injury mechanism is different because whilst my IT Band is as absolutely tight as a guitar string I have not had any knee-related inflammation, rubbing or pain. Additionally the traditional IT band stretches that didn't work before seem to be working now.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
thought id show you guys me and my mates gym set up. not much, but we've shred sum muscle in here

(there is more equip like ez curl bars and what not just no pics)

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

also heres my gym mate smashin out 120kg bench with the cold haha

SpanishON120.jpg

well this is my last week training at my mates. his mum sold all the dumbells and the guys picking them up this weekend.

im a little bit down about it cause me and my mate could chat and take our time and it was free

looks like ill be gettin a gym membership this w.e (3 months $99) it will prob motivate me to train harder at the gym also

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Did a pain-free 10.5k run today in 5:09/km pace. Saw physio; thankfully its not ITB but my spine (that is apparently slightly curved) and all the running tightens up muscles which plays with the trigger points in my leg. Stretch, stretch and..stretch some more...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Jecs,

Spewing about the Gym being sold, oh well, join a new gym. I love the drive to gym, pump the music, amp up, get the mind in gear. Usually end up doing a few k's over or 50 to get the rush happening (jks)

Join gym, pay fees, set routine of going there. Anyone asks you what your doing on gym night just reply 'sorry mate can't....got gym'