Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
So are you asking why your 10-20kg off your best?

If so, possibly a lack of sleep sufficient sleep causing energy loss.

Do you feel tired?
As the day goes on i do fall asleep in the chair for 30 minutes then usually go off to bed not long after. On the good side i've had 7-8 hours sleep in the past 2 days so hopefully thats all it is.
Also 2 might be 4 weeks ago (Im losing days times) i was in a sauna with a few guys and we all got into a massive conversation with an ex jokey who now works at the crown dealing with the stars. time kind of got out of hand and next thing you know im feeling sick and light headed. turns out i was in there for well over an hour. anychance that has something to do with my sleep energy ?. Lent some important things. never get stuck with an ex jokey in the sauna and never stay in longer than 10-20 minutes.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Smart Fat Choices:
- Avocado

Good write up mate, but.....

I was discussing avocado with my wife last night just by coincidence. As she has begun to love the stuff and is eating it a hell of a lot lately, I made a quick mention to her that it is high in fats. She said she thought it was good fats and shouldn't worry about how much she is eating, then looked it up to see if she was right. What she found from doing a google search on the topic, was that avocado (like every other fruit) does not contain any fats whatsoever. It is apparently just a myth.

And while I'm here I may as ask, do any of you guys know of a good gym in or around St Kilda, VIC?
I used to go to the gym at least four times a week. When I started I weighed close 115kg. I'm about 6'2" tall. After a couple years of training I got down to around 97kg with a very decent increase in muscle mass and overall strength. I was benching 117.5kg for a set of 4 at my best and continually increasing on that. Then I got sick with a bad skin infection, fevers and vomiting for a little over a month which obviously took it out of me, lost a hell of a lot of strength and muscle mass and almost instantly lost the motivation to work out. Starting my own business, getting married and having a baby also made life a little too busy to even think about working out.
Now that those life "things" are settling down and I'm realising how much fat I've put back on and muscle I've lost, I'm starting to get some motivation back to start working out again. I don't want to travel half an hour to the gym though, like I used to. So I want to find a decent gym close to home, preferably close enough to ride my bike to when the weather permits. I live in St Kilda and have considered having a look at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC), but am interested in some peoples' opinions/recommendations if you have any. I like the idea of having access to a pool, however with summer approaching I'm more than happy to go for a short walk down to the beach for a swim.

Cheers

Last edited:

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Good write up mate, but.....

I was discussing avocado with my wife last night just by coincidence. As she has begun to love the stuff and is eating it a hell of a lot lately, I made a quick mention to her that it is high in fats. She said she thought it was good fats and shouldn't worry about how much she is eating, then looked it up to see if she was right. What she found from doing a google search on the topic, was that avocado (like every other fruit) does not contain any fats whatsoever. It is apparently just a myth.

not a myth - they do contain fat, as do some other fruits (e.g olives, ) - its mostly unsaturated fat though so its not bad for you at any rate and fat is essential in any diet....

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Avocados, raw, all commercial varieties

Last edited:

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
As the day goes on i do fall asleep in the chair for 30 minutes then usually go off to bed not long after. On the good side i've had 7-8 hours sleep in the past 2 days so hopefully thats all it is.
Also 2 might be 4 weeks ago (Im losing days times) i was in a sauna with a few guys and we all got into a massive conversation with an ex jokey who now works at the crown dealing with the stars. time kind of got out of hand and next thing you know im feeling sick and light headed. turns out i was in there for well over an hour. anychance that has something to do with my sleep energy ?. Lent some important things. never get stuck with an ex jokey in the sauna and never stay in longer than 10-20 minutes.

Apologies for double posting but I just read this post and thought I'd respond to say that jockey's do some pretty friggen crazy things to lose fat. The gym I used to go to had a jockey frequent there, and he'd spend all his time running on a treadmill, wearing thick trackies, jumper and jacket with hood on, beanie on his head, and thick gloves. First time I saw him I didn't realise he was a jockey and thought he was mad, until someone told me he was a jockey and explained that they do that to sweat a lot and keep trim.
Was also listening to Triple M this afternoon and they were talking to a jockey, he was saying that he doesn't always get time to exercise so he simply drives his car with his heater going flat out to sweat while he drives.
I'd almost definitely pass out from doing that kind of stuff.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
god question maybe she meant cholesterol or something :)

not to derail the thread but there's something about the way all jockeys sound the same and are ridiculously small that creeps me out...

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I've been patrolling the Skyline's Australia forums recently as me and my best mate are wanting to build a track car together (S13/180sx or R32 - basically whatever comes up for the right price)

But on topic, they have a complete sub forum related to Health and Wellbeing

Health & Wellbeing - Skylines Australia

However, this is of particular interest, which is perfect complement to the smart eating choices that Jecs posted up last week.

index.php

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
I browse occasionally. I would never post though. To many zyzz wannabees.

There is some very valuable info on their though.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Yeah I enjoy the misc thread, much better than the 'pub' here. Mods just delete everything in JC. I post a bit on there also.