Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Jecs, Sep 21, 2011.

1. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    lol, I guess I didn't explain it very well. Thanks for the lifting advice mate. Wrists are straight and strong in this position, so you can relax.

[​IMG]
    You just worry about yourself.
    [​IMG]

2. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    LOL.

Nice way to turn some advice into a im more ripped than you contest.

I hope you sleep better at night now that you were able to put two pictures side by side and tell who has obviously been training harder for longer.

The goals I have made in the past 3 months of hard training have given me enough confidence to know that getting to the point your at will be acheivable in the near future.

So congratulations for coming in here and talking down to people who really couldnt give a fck if your more ripped than them or not. Like. Seriously congrats. You MUPPET.

3. Jecs

Jecs PAVTEK Race Engines Staff Member

Members Ride:
    '97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
    disco, dont get a big head about urself. ill be the first one to tell u to GTFO.

4. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    Lol ok...
    1-You're taking it in all wrong. Like you've said you have only been training for 3 months and not very hard. Like myself you don't know everything about lifting so don't tell me my wrists will snap off. I train with experienced people in the gym who check my form and are fine with it. There is nothing worse than giving advice which you are uncertain of (also known as broscience). Think of it as would you take mechanical advice from a guy who can't get his engine running and has no mechanical qualifications? No.
    2-I agree your bodytype is much better suited to bodybuilding than mine I have had to work my ass off to get from 69kg. And I am aware I am small and like you have goals to keep making progress.
    3-I posted the video because I was proud of my hard work and my achievement and although it's insignificant it meant alot to me, and I felt your critique in the last post regarding "I'll break my wrists" was unwarranted.

Thankyou.

5. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    Tell me how I can take a side side by side picture comparrison of my body to yours with the comment "You just worry about yourself" wrongly as an attack on me?

1 - The people you train with could also be considered to be practicing "broscience" unless they all have a degree in a topic that relates to muscles and bone structure I.e. physiotherapy. I was telling you what I know is correct form. Because I thought that was the whole point of this thread. I then made a slightly trollish (which was blatently obvious) comment about your wrists snapping, which YOU seem to have taken it the wrong way.

I never said anything about body types being suited to body building or not. And yes you've worked and I congratulate you on that. I think I have previously too.

Your shredded but dont get a big.head buddy, otherwise you'll be exactly like zyzz, whom you seem to dispise.

Be proud buddy, 46kg dumbbells is no easy feat. Just don't personally attack people when they crtique your form.

I gave my input with the understanding that that was how.you benched without advice from others.

And as I said before, the post about breaking your wrists was just trolling.

6. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    Not a personal attack, more of a worry about yourself not about me. Try to only give advice when people ask for it. First thing I have learned since going to gym is if you ask 5 different people, you will get 5 different answers.

The people I get my advice from have competed in bodybuilding comps or are quality PT's. That's good enough for me. And once again... you don't 'KNOW' it is correct form. You've been training 3 months.

You're surprised a trolling post was responded to by a trolling post?

7. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    Well in return, some advice. Don't post a you tube video in a fitness thread that gives advice to people about bodybuilding and expect no criticism/advice.

And, touche' sire touche'

8. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    If you read correctly it says "training hard" for 3 months. I've been going to gym for a year. But not training as hard as I currently.am. I too train with ex body builders and mates that have trained hard since highschool. And they all keep the dumbbells horizontal.

Two PT'S I know ask ways told me told aswell.

So dont be a judge of what I do or.dont know thankyou verymuch.

Hell even Ronnie Coleman does.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKS6AYWy-1c

Phil Heath does too.

By gods, how much more reputable can my sources get than one of body buildings best an the current mr olympia??

Fkn lol

9. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    Not a fitness thread that gives advice... just a fitness thread. Advice is available for those when asked. Also if you check the OP it says "if you have a question ask it and hopefully some of the more experienced people can answer".

Anyways champ if you need any advice on dieting and toning up don't hesitate to ask me...

[​IMG]

10. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    Good work keep us updated with how it goes! I'll be doing a 3 day split similar to yours after summer.

11. some_guy

some_guy Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VR SII Exec.
    Dude. Read my second post.

I couldnt keep up with you editing your posts more often than I blink my eyes.

12. HamaTime™

HamaTime™ VIP Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 & RV6 4Runner
    Seriously. Cool it.

Jecs, some_guy and myself have been going to gym and discussing these topics before Jecs decided to open a thread.

Like any public conversation you can't expect to post something and have everyone agree with you and sing your praises. What works for you may not work for others and others may have learnt a different way.
    I have alot of respect for the amount of hard work Dave has put in and the amount of research he has done into correct form and the like.

Don't let pride get in the way of this thread. If you have a different technique, people may question it - no need to let pride kick in and get defensive.

Calm the #### down.

13. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    Oh yeah...

14. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    It's ok Hama... I'm cool and I'm calm.

[​IMG]

15. pazzogen3

pazzogen3 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss ute 5.7
    Ok people have photo's but having trouble uploading them, when i press the image icon it asked for URl link. Never uploaded photo's that way can some help me through it, any way 114kg at 10% fat so very very happy.

16. Jonesy40

Jonesy40 Member

Members Ride:
    Voodoo VE SS UTE
    try uploading to photobukcet then us the url from photo bucket.

hope that make sence

17. discomat

discomat New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    I upload through photobucket but there are a number of sites you could use. I look forward to seeing these pics (no homo)

EDIT - also if you have an iPhone/Android you can use the photobucket app to upload pics straight from your mobile.

18. pazzogen3

pazzogen3 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss ute 5.7
    Got intouch with my brother who will come over and do it for me tommorow, he knows the in's and out's of computer's and how they work. Like i said real happy with results and where i'm at. Just need to decide if i want to get bigger or stay the way i am.

We measured everything today for the first time in a year as you do it monthly stress kicks in from not growing fast enough.

Arms-19.5"

Forearms-15.5"

Waiste-34"

Quads-29"

calfs-18.5" need to get another 1/2" to match arms.

Chest/back-56"

So like i said stay this size or try to get bigger?

19. Joe Peeps

Joe Peeps New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Acclaim
    i db bench like Matt -its more comfortable for my wrists

having said that, its been about a year since i picked up a weight but i have a friendly boxing match with a mate in 3 months so training starts.... now!

starting stats 183cm, weight 82kg...

edit Dude: your a freakin monster... do you have goals to compete?

20. Jonesy40

Jonesy40 Member

Members Ride:
    Voodoo VE SS UTE
    well its tommorrow pics?