Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
This thread is mint, gonna get on it real soon and join a gym (maybe) again.

Reason for Training: Getting married in march, enough said.

Starting Weight: 85-90kg~

Training Routine: Sweet eff all, try and go for a swim/run every few weeks when I feel my joints and muscles crying out for use

Diet: All over the shop.

Breakfast: Usually some terrible cereal, or weatbix with honey + milk

Morning Tea: Nothing , Toast or sometimes Fruit

Lunch: Usually toasted sandwhiches

Afternoon Tea: Nothing

Dinner: Varies a lot. Pub meals, or steamed vegies & dim sims, pasta etc made at home

Fluid Intake: absolutely not enough water and way tooo much coffee & milk .

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
Well been reading this thread sense the start of it. thought i should post up.

Reason for Training:
GF got me into it. she wanted to do the goodlife 12week challenge so i said i would do it to help her out keep her motorvated and give her someone to go to the gym with. have ended up enjoying way more than i thought i would and started to loose my gut so added bonus.

Starting Weight: 80kg

Training Routine: my PT has me doing Push/Pull system. one night all push exercise next night all pull. Getting to the gym at least 4 times a week. all weights very little cardio normally about 10min on a bike after 30-40 min weight session. 1 PT session a week the other 3 nights training by myself. Normally do 3 sets of 12 reps of each exercise try to add more weight every week.

Diet: On the 1000 calorie diet atm trying to drop some weight.

Breakfast: Up + Go

Morning Tea: Fruit of some description

Lunch: Chicken + Salad, Chicken and Steamed Veg, Ham & Salad Wrap, etc.

Afternoon Tea: Nothing need to try and eat something never get time though.

Dinner: Some sort of Meat (steak, fish, CHicken) with steamed VEggies

Down to 75kg in 7 weeks seem to be able to loose between .5kg and 1 kg a week eating and traing like this(being doing the challenge 10 weeks now but went to bali 2 weeks in and un did all the work i had done). starting to loose my gut which is good and notice my legs, arms, chest are starting to bulk up.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Best feeling when you can see the hard work you put in paying off....I haven't been able to touch weights for 4 weeks now to prevent a disc in my back being herniated (a lot of chiropractic big words involved as well).....hopefully can start up again in 2 weeks, feeling a little small....

Currently at 94kgs (lost 3 kgs in the last 4 weeks, which sucked, am trying to get to the Ton!).

The plan I've been using for 6 months, and has worked really well is:

Sunday: Chest - Flat, Incline, Decline, Toning On PecDec
Monday: Cardio, Core Training
Tuesday: Shoulders- Military Press, Lat Pulls, Side Lifts,
Wednesday: Biceps- Bicep Curls, Lying Bicep Pulls, Incremental Hammer Lifts
Thursday: Triceps- Overhead Tricep Lifts, Skull-Crushers, Weighted Dips
Friday: Cardio, Core Training
Saturday: Back/Legs- Squats, Deadlifts, Weighted Lunges.

I generally abstain from junk food, chocolate and booze Monday to Friday, and have one junk food meal on the weekend (Pizza!) and a bit of chocolate.

Although I think it's best for me to cut it all out and go hard for 3 months to put the weight back on.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Well good to see this thread still going and that there are a few trying to lose weight not gain it lol.

I'm well now and set on losing this baby weight. Set myself a goal of 30kg before christmas, so roughly around 3kg a week. It may sound a lot but I find initially when I start trying to lose weight I drop a heap in the first 2-3 weeks. I'm down 1.5kg already :) probably fluid I'm losing but I'll take it!

I'm so freaking unfit though, I went for a walk last night, 2.5km lots of hills pushing a pram and I feel it today. I want to be running it within 6 months. Going for a run around the block tonight. Diet is going pretty well, just need to make sure I drink more water.

Any other girls in here trying to lose weight/get fit?

Last edited:

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I might jump on board this thread. I just signed up to do Tough Mudder at phillip island in March so im going to start trying to get super fit to avoid embarrassing myself. I've never been to a gym or had a PT and I just do a few bits and pieces at home to stay in shape. Losing weight is no issue for me my only vice is beer and red wine and I eat healthy as si I only exercise to stay fit.

I play Basketball so I've always tried to stay very fit but I had a nasty back injury a bout 3 months back which left me unable to do any fitness work for ages. Now im just starting to get back into some running and a bit of work on the weights. I really need to stay fit because I'm 25 and play against 16-18 year olds that just don't wear out as the game goes on like us old farts.

At the moment every 2nd-3rd night I'm going for a run. Just a 4k run until I get more fit but for the last 1k or so I alternate from sprint 50m, jog 50m and so on until I get home and collapse and die.
I just brought a bike So every other night I'm going to ride 10k's or so to keep the fitness up. I would run every night but I get shin splints which destroys my vertical leap for Basketball (it really sucks being 5"10 and not being able to get of the ground)

I've got a few weights and a resistance band and I use that stuff for a bit of upper body and core strength but im looking to step it up a notch in the near future so i'll have a look on here to see what some of you fellas are doing!

Jonesy40

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo VE SS UTE
until i started the 12 week challenge i had never set foot in a gym so doing the 12 week challenge has been good because have a pt session every week has given me a direction to head in with my training. i would defiantly recommend PT sessions to someone that has never been to the gym before.

bit of background on me as well. When i was at school was super fit played basketball and used to train or play 4 nights a week so was super fit. when i moved to perth after school (grew up in the country) i stoped playing ball and all other sports and havent done anything for 6 years. so feels good to get back into shape still along was off where i was when i was 17 but getting there slowly once i get my 6 pack back i will be happy hope to have a flat stomach by xmas .

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
update:
been using the mesomorph for 2 weeks, and i highly recommend it now. first week there was some bad side effects, but even my mate has noticed ive put on more size and definition!

also crazygen3's post with the arnold remix song got me wanting to make a good workout CD.

so what songs do you find pump you up?

number one of course will be
- Eye Of the Tiger

mannn you get that going round me and im going rocky on ur ass ha!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
update:

so what songs do you find pump you up?

number one of course will be
- Eye Of the Tiger

mannn you get that going round me and im going rocky on ur ass ha!

Lol, anything heavy with big-ass breakdowns, Parkway Drive, **** like that, or dubstep :p

Or Rick Astley ;)

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Rammstein, that gets me going. Buy the Rocky best off cd. Prodigy helps aswell.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Whatever is on channel v

I hate ipods in gyms anyway. Even more so when peole working in pairs are both listening too ipods