Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
@ discomat. Cutting is the bodybuilding term. Most people however will know and refer to it as toning.

Well then as I said, toning is done in the kitchen. Just keep doing what you were doing in the gym if that suits you, most importantly though clean up the calories a bit.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Well then as I said, toning is done in the kitchen. Just keep doing what you were doing in the gym if that suits you, most importantly though clean up the calories a bit.

I may have mis interpreted you post. By the sentence "toning is done in the kitchen not the gym" did you mean its more to do with diet than exercise? If so my apollogies

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I may have mis interpreted you post. By the sentence "toning is done in the kitchen not the gym" did you mean its more to do with diet than exercise? If so my apollogies

no need to apologise, but yeah just make sure you're in a calorie deficit (about 10-20%, any more and you'll probably get muscle break down also). If you've been gaining muscle then keep doing what you're doing (gym wise) and cut the calories. Try and limit carbs after lunch (when cutting). Still need good fats though. If you aren't good at cutting your calories then maybe add a light jog/walk or jump on the bikes after your workout (after not before) to increase your calories burnt

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8

Lol I read it as toning is done only by women??

It's more about trying to get lean as opposed to majorly big, if you like.......to me toning is more about what you lift (i.e. sets/reps) as opposed to cutting which is doing the same lifting exercises with a higher emphasis on what you eat....

Correct me on both counts if I'm wrong.

But I suppose my routine at the moment is working well, so I suppose I could try to lift longer reps on the same, or similar, weights.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
well when I cut I don't change the way I train (don't even do cardio unless I have to, I f#%king hate cardio lol) just change the way I eat (what and when I eat certain things). If you change the way you train during a cut please make sure you don't over-train or under-train your muscles, otherwise you will run the risk of muscle breakdown during your cut.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
helps with anger/energy/focus in other aspects of life/

Hit the weights hard enough and you don't have enough energy for anything else, and anyone that takes their weights seriously knows that it can almost be as good as meditation.

benched 90kgs tonight. was fair wrekt after it.

Good work! i vary but never go heavier than 100kgs. I'd rather not ruin my joints before i hit thirty. And the slower the rep, the better the burn!

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Sex and lots of it...

may not work for minute men as the heart rate gotta be elevated for over 30mins. find a nice girl

u shread it off

Mwahhhhhhh

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
was training last night doing some back exercises. while doing a set, i got a cramp in the Quadriceps (front of the thigh) i kept pushing through that set, and at the end of it my leg was in that much pain it locked up. all i wanted to do was fall to the ground.

anyone else experience cramps? how do you over come them?

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hit the weights hard enough and you don't have enough energy for anything else, and anyone that takes their weights seriously knows that it can almost be as good as meditation.

Haha did you even read/look at my post? Are you saying I don't train hard enough or take gym seriously? Sorry if I appear to not train properly because I have energy to do other things besides gym. Training will make your more active and give you more energy dude... It will also make you feel better.

was training last night doing some back exercises. while doing a set, i got a cramp in the Quadriceps (front of the thigh) i kept pushing through that set, and at the end of it my leg was in that much pain it locked up. all i wanted to do was fall to the ground.

anyone else experience cramps? how do you over come them?

Yeah I get cramps sometimes when I'm in ketosis. Try taking a magnesium supplement mate. Apparently it helps keep the cramps down. What back exercise were you doing? I got a cramp in my throat once from clenching my jaw too hard trying to push out another rep, haha that bitch hurt.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Just saying, that barbell 21 Bicep Curls are the ****.

Do them at the very end of your arms workout and they will completely destroy your already buggered biceps.

See Here on how to do them: 21's (Curls) - YouTube