Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Reason Strength and muscle gain with slight endurance agility increase on the side.

Monday. Chest Back. over an hour.

Tuesday. Arms biceps triceps forearms. over an hour.

Wednesday. Body pump full body. 1 intense hour something different in the week.

Thursday. Recover. I did boxer training on this day. but because Friday is extremely hard on legs and body i decided on a rest.

Friday. Taichi combat 2 hours. Followed by 200 squats. 200 push ups (normal and star push ups). 120 sit ups until done.

Diet. Pretty normal. i try to spread protein over the day and minimize carbs after 6pm. I dont eat more than 55g of fat per day and keep the sat fats down below 17g. don't go above 270g in carbs. eat 30g+ of fiber per day. and try and keep sugar levels @ half the recommended levels. i only drink water, with the occasional green tea.

I've had good results. Strength has increased as wanted maybe a good 30%. muscle gain is working. endurance is well up. i was able to run a few very large blocks in 12 minutes. the idea of that happening 12 months ago was unthinkable. Agility. 10kg extra on the frame hasn't halted my ability to zoom around at all. Actually when i was 15kg lighter i was unable to lift my own body weight in a single chin up. today i'm able to support and lift my weight.

All these results have also brought good health. BP at record lows for me 105/60. HR below 55bpm.

My personal advice to anyone thinking of doing anything. just do something even if small to help your body live better. small amounts of exercise daily or a few times a week can help. the rest can come. just don't stop, and follow the rule. one bad day doesn't mean give up. it means work harder the next.

Last edited:

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Just a tip fella's, instead of upping protien intake all the time, up you Branch Chain Amino Acid instead. Reason we have protien is to get the BCAA's out of it. So just bypass those extra calorie's and increase BCAA's to keep anobolic, and can have more often. If i'm allowed best friend owns a supplement shop called Maximum Muscle Sports Supplements, based in St kilda vic. But you can buy online and is the cheapest you will find.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I used to be fat back in high school, I was 80kg when I was 15, and I'm short too, at 22 years old I only stand at around 5'8" (Last time I checked) so I was pretty pudgy. Ironically, I never liked to do school sports, and the only sport left to do for 2 hours on thursdays was Gym lol. I hated it at first, but me and my friend used it as a competition sport, seeing who could do more of each excersize etc. Our trainer asked how many chin ups we could do at the start. I couldn't do any. She promised that after we finish, we would be able to do at least 12 easily. I did that every thursday for 2 hours for about a year, & I never dieted, but still shed weight down to around 73 - 75kg, & also built muscle so even though I only weighed a few kilos less, I had gained muscle so had more definition.

After I finished that, we went into year 11 & I moved so I stopped going to the gym. I have anaemia, and I ended up losing alot of weight & nearly being hospitalised due to lack of iron (normal count is 12, mine was 2) so I got pretty frail from that, but I got back into weights and gym (parent's home gym) and got back up to 80kg from muscle & fat gain, which I had to do since I lost weight too fast & my body was spazzing.

I don't train every day, but I did for around a month to tighten up a few areas. I usually did cardio every day apart from Sunday, which was running for 30 mins, followed with weight training every 2nd day. I did a routine which involved working out every area, back, chest, legs, arms etc, light weights but alot of reps with a day between for resting. I'm not around 76kg and happy with the way I look, though I would like more ab and chest definition as I'm happy with my arms etc.

That's my story lol. I now work at a nursing home, pushing 60kg bins all day monday to friday, and do an average of 30,000 steps per day, so I actually feel that helps my training too.

This is me as of New Years 2010, I look a bit more buff now haha. I'm the guy in the black jeans, 2nd last. Yes, we are drunk.:

168701_10150370373835137_801550136_16755309_3921434_n.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Just a tip fella's, instead of upping protien intake all the time, up you Branch Chain Amino Acid instead. Reason we have protien is to get the BCAA's out of it. So just bypass those extra calorie's and increase BCAA's to keep anobolic, and can have more often. If i'm allowed best friend owns a supplement shop called Maximum Muscle Sports Supplements, based in St kilda vic. But you can buy online and is the cheapest you will find.

this guy knows what hes talking about

mate what would you recommend to someone who works out like me (as per post 1) but wants to still have alot of upper body bulk but still ripped at the same time?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Anyone have any experience with training with asthma? I've stacked on about 30kg from my pre-pregnancy weight and need to start losing it soon. Was all prepared this week to start training and eating well and come down with the flu, a chest infection and just been diagnosed with asthma. I'm not going to start until I'm all better but might have to rethink things now. I was planning on doing lots of cardio work and some weight training. Bit worried about the cardio now because thinking back last time I went running it was causing me difficulties breathing and I coughed so much I vomitted. I thought maybe it was just me being unfit lol but appears it was asthma. I heard swimming is good but thats not practical for me at the moment with a young baby, so I guess I'll just try to walk my fat arse off until I come up with a better option.

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
New product on the market called HUMAPRO by ALRI. 1, 7gram scoop is the same as having 35 grams of protien. but only has 28 calories. If any1 wants any advice just ask, really get into this stuff. Like i said love training. 1 other thing, There is no such thing as overtraing, but there is undereating. As long as you eat to recover from training, you can train 3 times aday if you want. Just eat to sustain it.

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Julie increase your weight traning, and decrease your cardio, When you do cardio you burn fat as your doing it, as soon as you stop the fat burning process stop. With weights you burn fat up to 2-3 hours after, as body has to repair. Straight after trainging don't eat for upto 1hour, just a small protien shake. With the protien shake have a Whey Protien Isolate as the up take is very quick into the blood system, with water. Decrease you calories by another 500cals, as you cardio will be less.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
and for everyone thats looking at getting massive (like me)

dont neglect legs in your routine

massive squats are the key

also dont focus too hard on isolation exercises if your heavy compound exercises arent up to scratch, because thats what you will see the big gains with

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Reason for Training: loose size, get thinner. couldnt give a rats about being "toned"
also to fit in some spaces i need to be in at work

Starting Weight: 100
Current Weight: about 80

Training Routine: going to work? working in a manual job, with lots of walking (seriously like 10-20kms a day), lifting, carrying etc.
also going for a bike ride whenever i can on weekends, which isnt much but its something else.

Diet: limited to no refined sugar intake, healthy homecooked food, and normally taking these healthy leftovers to work. (vegies, meat, salad, etc)
and 2 bits of fruit every day.
well balanced food intake pretty much, just not always "gorging" myself