Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

That's a decent run!

I am just getting back in to treadmill running. Running outside is a bit crazy at night in my suburb, and at midday a bit hot (I'm a wimp). Night worker.

I am a fat SOB, but I'm losing it slowly. 123kg back before Christmas, and 107kg now. Want to get down to 90kg. But even now, it is so nice to not be breathing hard from even the smallest exertion. Good food and exercise when I can is whats doing it for me. I've tried Tony Ferguson and the like before but I would lose it and get it back later.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Great effort acarmody! Actually when I first started running I would do it at night or very early in the morning, it was a hot summer in Dubbo. My area I lived in was comparatively safe and well lit....then as winter '07 came along I moved to doing it immediately after work. With my current schedule being a uni student helps. However I am starting a teaching prac late april, coupled with a 40 minute-each-way commute, will be pressed for time in doing longer runs during the week, but will still make sure I make time to do my 'long run' of a weekend. I see working parents with children train for marathons so I figure why can't I? I am currently training for Canberra Half Marathon on 13th April, then a few weeks after that a half marathon in Bathurst, City to Surf in August, and the big one, Sydney Marathon 23 September.

As for weight loss, as of New Years I was 94.5kg, now 89.9. I used to be as high as 137kg, that was 2006, now last few years been hovering around 80-92kg. Main thing that got most of the weight off was counting calories and doing a crap load of exercise. Elliptical trainer was very useful here. Since then, though, I have had some difficulty keeping it off. Have tried - calorie counting, low carb, meal replacement, weight watchers, gabriel method, and quitting sugar and even vegetarianism.

However I picked up a book called 'the bottom line diet'. Is basically calorie counting. It suggested using the 'myfitnesspal' app, which I started using and it's really helped. Coupled with this I have also read 'the weight escape' a book which explores the psychology of weight loss. The latter book I believe is the most important book anyone should read if considering weight management. I hope to get well into the low 70s for the marathon, to make me run faster with reduced chance of injury.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That's a decent run!

I am just getting back in to treadmill running. Running outside is a bit crazy at night in my suburb, and at midday a bit hot (I'm a wimp). Night worker.

I am a fat SOB, but I'm losing it slowly. 123kg back before Christmas, and 107kg now. Want to get down to 90kg. But even now, it is so nice to not be breathing hard from even the smallest exertion. Good food and exercise when I can is whats doing it for me. I've tried Tony Ferguson and the like before but I would lose it and get it back later.

Good effort , slow and steady weight loss is the best way ,to lose 16 kg since Christmas is excellent by any means . The biggest thing that helped me was cutting back on beer a six pack lasts me a month now when before it was a 12 pack a week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Good effort , slow and steady weight loss is the best way ,to lose 16 kg since Christmas is excellent by any means . The biggest thing that helped me was cutting back on beer a six pack lasts me a month now when before it was a 12 pack a week .

Yeah I'm not trying to rush the weight loss. I believe the first few kilos was just water since I started drinking about 3.5L a day, and I also get a lot less headaches.

Right now I am having a couple of eggs of wholemeal toast for breakfast, and for lunch I get one of those frozen Weight Watchers meals from Woolworths, which really aren't too bad tasting. Then an apple for afternoon tea. Then for dinner probably a steak and veges (Its good being a manager, a 300g Black Angus Rib fillet = free, yay). Then maybe another piece of fruit or a small no fat, o sugar yogurt for supper (I work until about 1am).

Its funny how just a simple thing like smaller meals and a healthier of course, makes such a big difference.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'm not trying to rush the weight loss. I believe the first few kilos was just water since I started drinking about 3.5L a day, and I also get a lot less headaches.

Right now I am having a couple of eggs of wholemeal toast for breakfast, and for lunch I get one of those frozen Weight Watchers meals from Woolworths, which really aren't too bad tasting. Then an apple for afternoon tea. Then for dinner probably a steak and veges (Its good being a manager, a 300g Black Angus Rib fillet = free, yay). Then maybe another piece of fruit or a small no fat, o sugar yogurt for supper (I work until about 1am).

Its funny how just a simple thing like smaller meals and a healthier of course, makes such a big difference.

Those weight watchers meals taste better than they look . But personally I think that cutting back on processed carbohydrates works wonders too , eating fish , red meat , and veges and fresh fruit , sort of a variation on the caveman diet , trying to get the balance right , but its all things in moderation, eh.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
no alcohol from Monday 10th march til april 10th at least is my aim, simple 4 weekends without grog should have me feeling a heap fitter

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
no alcohol from Monday 10th march til april 10th at least is my aim, simple 4 weekends without grog should have me feeling a heap fitter

and at a guesstimate , about 5 kg lighter .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Given that it takes 34000 excess kj to gain 1 kg of body fat, that is equivalent to about 50 schooners full strength beer.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Given that it takes 34000 excess kj to gain 1 kg of body fat, that is equivalent to about 50 schooners full strength beer.

How many fluid ounces does a schooner hold , NZ pubs serve pints .

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
How many fluid ounces does a schooner hold , NZ pubs serve pints .

10oz pot, 15oz schooner, 20oz pint. QLD sizes.