Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Hey guys/gals, seen threads like this on a few other forums and it was full of good info and stories, so I thought i'll chuck one up on here. Anyways if your into loosing weight or gaining muscle chuck up some more info like where you started, where you're at now and what you hope to achieve. If you have any questions just chuck em in here and i'm sure some of the more experienced people can answer them (hope we have some on here lol)

Anyways, ill start off. Started at around 75-77kgs prob around 8 months ago. I have a very fast metabolism so find it hard to gain weight. Started doing some weight training with a close mate, and really got into it. So we set up a mini gym in his backyard. Our routine is:

Day One: Chest Session, Finish with 2k Run
Day Two: Back Session (incl Lower Back) Finish with 2k Run
Day Three: Shoulder Session + Ab Workout, Finish with 2k Run
Day Four: Arm Session.

Now before i go any further. Im not doing weights to be a big unit. Im doing it as a healthy life style change and to feel more confident about myself. everyone trains different.

Im currently weighting around 83kg mark, and as of the start of next week, im going on a strict 1 month hard training routine. I want to be eating alot of big meals and gaining a bit more weight. After that i plan on stripping down but still keeping my size for summer.

EDIT:

adding this for people interested in starting the gym

Excercise Strategy:

Monday:
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Tuesday:
Rest Day

Wednesday:
Back, Biceps, Abs

Thursday:
Rest Day

Friday:
Quads, Hams, Calves

Saturday/ Sunday:
Rest Day

---------------------------------------------------------

Smart Protein Choices:
- Chicken
- Beef
- Fish
- Legumes
- Eggs
- Nuts
- Seeds
- Yoghurts

Smart Carbohydrate Choices:
- Barley
- Brown Rice
- Buckwheat
- Raw Muesli
- Rolled Oats
- Quinoa
- Sweet Potato
- Wild Rice

Smart Fat Choices:
- Avocado
- Chia Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Fish Oil
- Nuts
- Oily Fish
- Seeds

---------------------------------------------------------

Up Your Calories:
to add muscle mass, you have to take in more calories than you need for body weight maintenance. alot of guys think you cand add muscle mass cause they arent presdisposed to adding muscle, or they're not working out hard enoguh in the gym. in fact if you're training hard with weights and not your not adding much muscle as you think you should, you're most likely under eating.

Eat More Protein:
The amount of protein needed for growth and recovery can vary somewhat from person to person. Taking in at least 2g of protein for each kg of body weight eash day ensures that you’re getting what you to maximize your growth.

Eat More Carbs:
Taking in ample carbs ensures that your body doesn’t reach for muscle to burn for fuel. Carbs help to fuel the processes of muscle growth and help blunt the negative effects of the catabolic hormone cortisol. Taking in plenty of carbs before and after you work out will help make you stronger and more energetic for subsequent workouts

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yeah boy, you got the thread up ;)

Reason for Training: To get more of a muscley and healthy physique

Starting Weight: About 88kg 12 months ago (had a fair amount of body fat, not much muscle, got a fairly solid build). Now sitting on about 84kg, gotten alot skinnier (gone from a size 36 to size 32 pants) around the waist, and really beefed up my chest and shoulder/arms

Training Routine: 3 days a week, every second day

Day One: 45 min Chest session, finished with 15min cardio circut, 2mins skipping, 2 mins abs X 3
Day Two: 45 min Arms/Back session, finished with same 15min cardio circut
Day Three: 45 min Shoulder & Core session, finished with same 15min cardio circut

Diet: Strict eating plan, have a Hydroxy Protein shake 30 mins after each workout.

Breakfast: Alternate between low sugar cereal and Porridge
Morning Tea: Small serve of mixed nuts with a piece of fresh fruit
Lunch: Rice with 1 large or 2 small tins of Tuna or a piece of grilled Chicken (rarely lamb or beef) and sometimes with veggies as well
Afternoon Tea: Piece of fruit
Dinner: Fresh Meat with veggies and usually a smallllll size of carbs (potato, rice, pasta etc)

Fluid Intake: 3 litres of water a day (just under the standard rule of 1 litre of water per 25kg's of body mass)

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Reason for Training: Loose this fat ive thrown on since my crash!

Starting Weight: About 114kg 3 months ago (Always been as fairly solid guy but was fit n strong but now just fat). currently at 104kg,
Im lost a fair bit of size as ive dropped from a 42 down to as size 38 but I still have a long way to go as I want to get down to around 80kg mark.

Training Routine: 45min walk every day

Diet: No carbs after 1pm, high protien breakie and no crap junk food.

Breakfast: Eggs of some description on a slice of multigrain toast
Morning tea: tin of tuna or 100g sliced meat
Lunch: some form of meat with vege or with salad
Afternoon Tea: Protien Bar or tuna or sliced meat
Dinner: same as lunch :D

Fluid Intake: 3 litres of water a day Plus a protien shake a hour or so before I go to bed.

Its not easy for me as lots of physical activity puts me in serious pain due to the massive extent of my injuries from a bike crash in 2009.
Chest and arm workouts are pretty much non existant due to only 1 arm working also.

Basically im just trying to loose the weight ive stacked on from not being able to train like I used to, which is not as easy as I thought it would be

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Reason for training: Lose weight i've carried for years and to have a more active lifestyle

Starting weight: 114.7kg was my starting weight in december last year. I carry all of my weight in the upper portion of my body so had a serious muffin top going on. Currently weighing in at 94.5kg. I've been setting small goals since i started so my next one is to make 90kg, ultimate goal would be closer to 80kg.

Training: I'm not trying to look ripped, so most of my training involves alot of cardio, so i walk and run quite a bit. Between work and everything else it's tough to nail down some time but i try to do at least 20-30 minutes a day.

Diet: This has been my biggest change. I love my tucker so it was hard to trim the **** i've always eaten. Firstly i started eating brekkie, never used to do that. usually have wheat bix or oats with honey. Morning tea is usually a muesli bar or dry biscuit. Lunch, a wholemeal roll with ham or chicken. Afternoon tea, if i have it, is yogurt and dinner is vegies with grill chicken/fish/red meat. I drink alot of water during the day at work but i still enjoy a pepsi max at night :)

I still have takeaways once a week so i don't miss out on much. I'm just rapt with the results so far and have booked to go skydiving in november in coolum with my wife, something i couldn't do because of my weight but something i've always wanted to so i'm a happy man. :)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I'll jump on this.

Reason for Training: To lose the 25kg's ive put in the past 2 years, and get fit for next years deer season. Would love to get back to 90kgs and build some endurance and muscle up.

Starting Weight: 110kg

Training Routine: Work long hours at a desk? Try and get on the exercise bike every night after work. (3 nights a week is what really happens)

Diet: Inconsistent as ****.

Breakfast: Normally left overs, or toast

Morning Tea:
Fruit
Lunch: A Rice dish with meat and sauce, or take away if working off-site.
Afternoon Tea: Muffin or fruit
Dinner: Meat and veg generally.

Fluid Intake: 2-3 litres of water, sometimes redbull or lemonade.

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
i was training four times a week, Reason- to gain some muscle so that i didn't look like a stick. luckily my neighbour is a body builder and he helped me to gain 10k's in the first year.
need to get back into it but my routine is
Day 1: Chest and Triceps
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: rest
Day 4: Back
Day 5: Shoulders and biceps

after a few weeks i would change up some of the days and throw in a few extra exercises or drop weight and increase reps

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Being an old fart I figure I need to try and keep myself as together as I can. Things can happen and one may not be in a position to change ones current state.

About 9 years ago I was a fat 98kg eating fast food four days a week ate least. On the road in my job every burger joint was lunch. One day I shaved off my beard and saw the fat face looking back. It was either grow it back or lose weight. Being someone who never looked after my fitness or played sport it was a big call but I decided to give up food cold turkey. I replaced lunch with a 30 – 45 minute walk, started riding a bike each morning before work and halved the size of my meals. 12 months later I was around 74kg. The lowest I got. I am now around 84kg mostly due to slack exercising. Not getting on the bike anywhere near what I did. Life has changed a bit too and I haven’t adjusted properly.
For the last 10 months I have been doing weight training twice a week which hasn’t really done much to reduce my weight. I try to get a couple of bike rides in a week but I need to do more cardio.
Currently
Tuesday Arms and shoulders 2hours.
Thursday back chest 2 hours.
Each session involves abs and core.
Saturday/Sunday 16k bike ride.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Reason for Training: Get fit.

Starting Weight: 83, now sitting at 88 with a intense loss of body fat ;)

Training Routine: 5 days a week

Day One: 1.5 hour Chest & Triceps, as with all my routines heavy focus on big lifts, form is the key but go big or go home
Day Two: 1.5 hour ride/run, keep heart rate about 135bpm at all times.
Day Three: 1.5 hour Shoulders & Traps, followed by competitive Squash
Day Four 1.5 hour ride/run
Day Five: Back & Biceps

Diet: I prefer to follow a relaxed diet. No one likes a strict can't eat this cant eat that diet, although I have had good results on those diets it is impossible to keep them long term. Everything in moderation is the key, and ive proved to myself that you can have good results from that. Protein I <3 OP Gold Standard Whey (thanks dave!) and love hitting Jack3d before the gym, the rush is intense. 4-5 liters of water a day is good too.

The key is following my motto "eat lots, train hard, sleep well". do those and the results will amaze you.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I'm not into all the body building stuff, and diet is well ok...
but I've been getting a bit more serious about cycling over the last year or so.

Started off with easy 10km rides, now I go for a 16km ride most evenings when I'm home, and a very hilly 26km ride almost every Saturday or Sunday.
Earlier in the year I did a 75km 'Brissie to the Bay' bike ride, and I'm working myself up to the 100km Brisbane to Gold Coast ride next year (not going to be ready in time this year)

I've really felt the improvement in both leg strength and cardio. I'm riding up steep, long hills now that I never would have dreamed of atttempting just 12 months ago

pazzogen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss ute 5.7
Well i'll jump on as well.

Nitro gym Hallam,

starting weight 75kg am now 112kg 12% body fat.

started training 7 years ago.

6days on 1 off

Sun-chest, calfs, 20min cardio

Mon-shoulders, forearms

Tues-legs,traps

Wed-back,20min cardio

Thur-Arms,abs calfs.

Fri-Upper chest again[week part],lower back,hamstrings again.20min cardio

Sat-off. Really enjoy training and 38 years old.