Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Given that it takes 34000 excess kj to gain 1 kg of body fat, that is equivalent to about 50 schooners full strength beer.

Surely that's not factoring in the impact alcohol has on your body's general ability to process. Excess kj are exponentially increased where they wouldn't normally be.

Good to see so many tackling portion size, moderation and our sedantry lifestyles!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Surely that's not factoring in the impact alcohol has on your body's general ability to process. Excess kj are exponentially increased where they wouldn't normally be.

Good to see so many tackling portion size, moderation and our sedantry lifestyles!

It's all about portion sizes , not so much counting calories. As they say , everything in moderation .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
after a decent friday night session on the grog, after work on mondays at the gym are very sweaty. So by having a break from the grog I expect to be able to perform better at the gym and to obviously just wake up and function better from day to day.... (that being said i'm not alcoholic or anything! just had 2 weekends in a row which were heavily favoured towards social drinking!)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Please pardon my nsw-centrism.....lol....

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride

That is why in weight watchers points program alcohol is essentially banned....you can have a beer, but expect it to eat up a lot of 'points', much more so than overall calories would suggest

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Decided to go the next step in weight loss/getting fitter.

Possibly motivated by the fact that the other three males at my work are, a PT, an ex-Army boy, and a big fat dude who still has a lot of muscle.

My brother is a PT and has been for many years, so I will ask him to draw me up a plan when he comes back from holidays.

Bench will arrive on Wednesday.

Attachments

• 20140317_140829.jpg
    20140317_140829.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 350

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Question, When bench pressing do you go either the whole way down til the bar is basically sitting on your chest or so that your arms are inline with your chest? same thing for dumbbells

Have a mate who does it so his arms are inline with his chest but I think he is just not getting the full usage of the muscle each rep, his argument is that if you go past level with your chest you can damage your shoulders..... I haven't yet...

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Question, When bench pressing do you go either the whole way down til the bar is basically sitting on your chest or so that your arms are inline with your chest? same thing for dumbbells

Have a mate who does it so his arms are inline with his chest but I think he is just not getting the full usage of the muscle each rep, his argument is that if you go past level with your chest you can damage your shoulders..... I haven't yet...

Letting the bar touch your chest would be better as you're stretching your out your pecs, same goes for dumbbells. So hands should be inline with your chest.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Letting the bar touch your chest would be better as you're stretching your out your pecs, same goes for dumbbells. So hands should be inline with your chest.

that's what I thought, don't know if I explained how he does it well enough, but he basically only goes half way down.... so elbows inline with chest, doesn't look friggen right