Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fitness Thread

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

Last edited by a moderator:

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
26km run this morning, 5:40/km pace. Was very hard going though. Windy (30k gusting to 50k, swirling around), and had a terrible night's sleep last night (still hyped up from what was the most stressful day I have had all year). Anyway, yesterday afternoon was a 10k time trial that was done in 51 min; Thursday was 14.1km City to Surf mock-circuit time trial in 73:38. Last year was 80:08 so should easily beat that. Aim is to get below 70 min so I can get into redgroup once more. This year I am in gold charity group; starting behind red group you get an excellent clear run for the first 7km or so, but for my charity had to raise $1000 which can be a pain in the bum if you don't know the right people.

6 weeks til City to Surf
12 weeks til Sydney Marathon (4hr goal!)

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
update - city to surf was done in 72:40 (5:10/km average). Didn't quite get my sub-70 goal but my diet had been utterly horrible in the immediate leadup.

weight around 88-89kg. still down for the year but up about 2-3kg since starting new career. For me stress = junk food and wine, unfortunately.....spending this weekend getting back on track.

today did a 32.16k long run in 5:50/min average pace. 4 weeks til sydney marathon.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Been doing of late a Swedish thing , called despite its unfortunate name , fartlek ,it's mainly a running regime , lasting at least 45 minutes , you can jog or walk briskly , then sprint like the devil himself is chasing you , and I tell you what , you are spent when finished , particularly if the sprints involve hills , it's not a new thing, I think being around since the thirties , invented for the Swedish Olympic running team .

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
starting tomorrow, (yeah I guess it's a new years resolution) i'm going on a no/low carb diet for the year, want to drop 15-20 kg's just going to the gym hasn't made a difference in weight but it has helped in definition, however I still carry a bit of extra around the guts and I want it gone.

So No carb diet starts, more aerobic exercise, probably just walking as i've heard that it can be better than jogging and i'm also playing footy again. Might take a before pic and update later in the year

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Kinda related I guess lol..

This Sex Expert Is Traveling The World Lifting Things With Her Vagina

anami.jpg

vanamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS V sedan
Omg! The last post, I just can't believe! And I taught I saw everything! :D
And thank you all for the tips!

Nanon

Reaction score
Members Ride
London
I started my weight loss process with nutrition. I stopped eating sweets. Only once a week I allowed myself to eat some sweets. I also started counting calories. With a calorie deficit, the weight goes away pretty quickly. And only then when I lost weight I started doing sports. But I'm not a big fan of active sports. For this reason, I didn't run, jump, or pump my abs. I was doing yoga. I took great pleasure in stretching my body. I took exercises on https://yogapractice.com/yoga/yoga-retreats-in-bali. Thus, I lost 7 kilograms in 2 months.

Last edited: