Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The fortunate and the unfortunate...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Talking to a lady that came in to see me today and it reminded me of just how fortunate I have been in my life to have had opportunity. Even if I want to forget my childhood and my teens I still had opportunity and was able to take it.
Her story was one of a life growing up in small country town in the West Coast of Tas. She has never held a job and she is 49 years old. She can barely read or write. She had three or four children, with the youngest being 16 now. All have had learning problems and other disabilities and never finished school. Her children can barely read or write, her grandchildren are now Wards of the State, because her daughter fell into DV relationship, after DV relationship. Her husband died when her youngest was one or two years old and she has never had a companion since, this is 14 years on. her eldest has gone to prison due to getting hooked on ice and her youngest is following in his brother's foot steps.
It got me thinking how different her life would have been if someone had got alongside her when she was young and mentored her. Had someone back then saw potential and help take her life on a journey of prosperity.

Last edited: