Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fox 2.0 - VZ V8 Thunder

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I think all up the turbo build cost me roughly $12,000 - and it's only getting bigger. I also did most of the installation myself.
It's probably going to cost me another $500 to relocate the surge tank to under the car so I can use the tray for work again.

AH okay, 12K isn't too bad with them results I suppose.. 10-15K is what most people say.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
AH okay, 12K isn't too bad with them results I suppose.. 10-15K is what most people say.

Yeah, if I didn't have clued up friends and prior experience in turbocharging an SS I reckon it would have been roughly 15k or so. With all modifications to strengthen the motor to a point of decent reliability it'll probably sit you close to 20k

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
read 6 pages from where i asked if you would boost it on the first page...

bit of a change from then to now! would imagine it is an animal to drive!!! you've done a good job!

the missus has given the green light to me buying a ute and i cant decide whether to spend 15k for a vy-vz ss or got up to the 20's for a thunder with the 6L.

i dropped the hint of wanting a snail hanging off of it and it was met with instant denial..so ill have to work on that! lol

any updates?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Hahaha yeah it took a different path than expected that's for sure!! I'd definitely hang out for a 6L - they're just so much easier to get power out of.

Presently it's in Brisbane at the moment getting a new cam, double row timing chain, lifters, pushrods, rockers, thicker head gasket, head studs, and rod bolts - topped of with a new tune.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
nice!!! that should get ya over 400rwkw? your gonna need to buy shares in a tyre company mate! :D im guessing 1st, 2nd and 3rd are basically useless!?

hopefully i dont have to wait long to sell that calais and find a suitable replacement. but im in no hurry!

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I have finished the Tyres. !!!!