Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fox 2.0 - VZ V8 Thunder

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
nice work julian..... i heard about the gateway episode this arvo lol... hope u enjoy it mate

when u headin back to nsw buddy ??

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
nice work julian..... i heard about the gateway episode this arvo lol... hope u enjoy it mate

when u headin back to nsw buddy ??
Yeah, it was hairy, a bit of smoke and screeching, but I made it onto the ramp.. I should be around to saturday most likely, I think we're doing the fuel system tomorrow, come around!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
So these showed up at my door this week, koni adjustable shocks for the back, and adjustable strut inserts for the front. There's also a set of kings lowered springs in the mix too.

3d45a58c-5dba-c257.jpg

3d45a58c-5de4-1fd4.jpg

Got into the rear end tonight, Installed the right side spring and shock, plus the whiteline swaybar, along with some nolathane swaybar linkages. I found out that I need TWO sets of nolathane swaybar linkage bushes, so I've ordered another one so I can finish the other side. I couldn't find a spring compressor, so I bought a packet of cable ties and found some bailing twine...
IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0469-1.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
nice car, so i have an automatic would the same apply to my acclaim? I've been thinking about a tune for awhile but never really got around to it..
haha and i like the DIY Spring Compressor. Would love to try it sometime. How did it work out?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it did the job, though I put it outside when I finished and could hear the cable ties snapping for the next 30 minutes. As for the suspension in your acclaim I'd assume it would be the same, I've never looked under a sedan so I don't know to be honest.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
So I got back from the tuners today after having the cam installed. Car drives like a stocker with a bit of an angry idle but it rips skids like there's no tomorrow!
cb14231c-d887-6334.jpg

Nice figures there mate, gotta love the torque.