Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Fox 2.0 - VZ V8 Thunder

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
So there comes a time in a man's life where he realises that he's wasting time playing with V6's - this happened to me in march 2011 when I traded in the Blown VY S for a 2007 VZ SS Thunder utility.

The ute came standard with a 2.5" twin straight through exhaust - It sounded awesome, but it was obnoxiously loud so it HAD to be replaced, by a set of pacemaker Tri-Y's, magnaflow cats, and an X-force 2.5" twin stainless exhaust.
The standard thunder rims made way for a set of 19" XHP Jets in chrome but all they did was emphasise the 3 feet of ground clearance - soon to be fixed I hope.
The choked standard intake is being replaced with a much easier breathing DuSpeed OTR whenever I can find someone reputable to tune the thing, and after I can work out if I want a cam or not.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Ka Kawww!

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Sounds like you've got the power lined up, just needs to be dropped a bit! And maybe some mesh to go behind that huge gap in the front bar. Manual or auto?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm very hesitant over dropping it much, maybe a little in the back. I've done the lowered car thing and all it does is flog out all the other suspension bits. The front bar has mesh in there, I just need to take it off and paint it up again as it's got a bit of stone chip syndrome... And it's a manual, would have preferred an Auto but this was what I could find at the time.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
I'm very hesitant over dropping it much, maybe a little in the back. I've done the lowered car thing and all it does is flog out all the other suspension bits. The front bar has mesh in there, I just need to take it off and paint it up again as it's got a bit of stone chip syndrome... And it's a manual, would have preferred an Auto but this was what I could find at the time.

I can understand that, my driveway is an absolute bastard so I can't really lower my car too much, but I lowered that back so it sits even with the front. Looks spastic with the back higher imo. Can I ask why you'd prefer auto? My last car and my current one are auto and I'm so bored of it lol

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd prefer an auto because of the fun. Everyone knows that the standard auto setup in the commodores is pretty ****, but once you get a tune they adjust it up and it makes the car completely different to drive. I used to be a 100% manual is superior kind of guy till I met RaptorChargedVX in Brisbane and he took me for a drive in his auto VY SS - never again will I bag out an automatic car.
Manuals are indeed a lot of fun when doing EPIC skids though.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Looks very tidy.
Not a huge fan of the front bar, Never have been a massive HSV fan.

Love the colour though.

Needs to be lower.

Last edited:

Raptor Charged VX

Turboed Ls1 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
twin snails julian