Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The gift that keeps on giving - service ESP warning

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Wasn’t this engine replaced to resolve piston slap issues? As such, injectors and many sensors are new unless part of the the ancillary equipment that was transferred across from the old motor. In theory not so much for the dealer to check ;)

But I’d first look at my fuel receipt to make sure I put in what I wanted to put in (some have said going from 98 to 95 or 91 or vice versa can cause idle issues - odd on an engine that can take all versions sold in Aus though Holden says 95 recommend).

In any case I’d be fuming and back at the dealers demanding an explanation. I wouldn’t try and fault find the issue myself as I’d likely be over the Holden ownership experience :eek:

Guess it’s way overdue for our legislators to bring well defined lemon laws so in such instances of multiple faults and frustrations one can simply return the vehicle and get a refund. ACL allows for such but it’s more convoluted than it needs to be and not clearly spelt out (so regulator captured interpretations creep in).

Manifold and injectors etc were transferred from the old engine.

I think it might be battery as well as it was quite hard to turn over...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ it is the gift that keeps on giving :oops:

Thought they’d have done a cursory check of all equipment transferred across, especially injectors since they are known to be problematic on some LS3’s.

Holden, quality in design, manufacture and service... o_O

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just checked the battery with multimeter..
It's 12.37 volts...

My understanding is that it should be at least 12.6v...

Just called nrma roadside to check it out. At least they will be able to tell me if it is the battery for sure...

Would the factory battery be covered under warranty ? I got the car in Oct 2016

Edit. Warranty booklet says 1 yr warranty on the battery...

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Nrma came out
The battery seems good

No errors logged either...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi Ron, my first injector that went did a similar thing. The warning lights and misfire were intermittent at first, so I thought it may have been some bad fuel or other, but over a period of a few days it gradually got worse until it was constant.

Could be something else, but odds on it's an injector.:(

Was your hard to start...
Like struggling to crank over ?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Mine starts and runs perfectly fine since last night...

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Was your hard to start...
Like struggling to crank over ?
No not hard to start. It would either start with the misfire straight away, or would start ok, and drive for a few minutes fine until the misfiring started up again. From memory this was over a period of about 2-3 days until it was misfiring constantly, which is when I took it to Holden.

When the 2nd injector went, the experience was similar, but I took it to Holden the day after it started as I knew it would most likely be the same thing.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
No not hard to start. It would either start with the misfire straight away, or would start ok, and drive for a few minutes fine until the misfiring started up again. From memory this was over a period of about 2-3 days until it was misfiring constantly, which is when I took it to Holden.

When the 2nd injector went, the experience was similar, but I took it to Holden the day after it started as I knew it would most likely be the same thing.

Ok. Cheers bruz

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Even though NRMA guy said battery was fine...i would not be suprised if it is on the way out...

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Even though NRMA guy said battery was fine...i would not be suprised if it is on the way out...
Did you try charging it and then multimeter check after to see how much charge it holds. 12.37 should still be good for 50-75% charge in our climate.