Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The good old water leak

Darkreviver0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Omega
Hi all, 2009 VE omega,

I have trawled through as many posts as I can possibly fathom in trying to find any ideas on where my car may be leaking water into the cabin. I have determined that one leak is from around the hvac unit in the firewall so I am sorting that out, but I also have a leak coming from the left rear door. I replaced the door seal that is on the body of the car as it was looking a little worse for wear but lo and behold it is still leaking, it is as if the door is not actually meeting the seal to stop water from coming in. As soon as water runs down the door it just channels onto the base of the door and flows straight over the seal and into the back seat floor. Any ideas would be most helpful.

Also, I have already checked to make sure it is not leaking from the door card.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good question I have noticed the same problem with a wet floor in the back passenger side and don't yet know how it's getting in. I've been putting an old towel on the floor there to suck up the water after it rains but need a proper fix

Darkreviver0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE Omega
Update:

So after not just pulling out the door card but the plastic and everything put it is leaking in through the window seals and runs along the inside of the door (the side that the door card attaches to) and then leaks out the screw holes down the bottom. Not quite where I thought it may have been but I have found it. Now to work out if the seals are perished or just not sitting correctly as I have had that door apart to replace the regulator in the past.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cool that helps a lot. In my case i probably need new seals then because the top layer of rubber is cracking up.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Either the windscreen seal, or the Panel around the Steering column goes through has rusted,
One of the members basically had to pull the whole dash apart, and steering column to get it out to fix the fault, GM knew about.
There is a thread about it, and interesting reading with photo's.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Has the car got a sunroof?

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Is the leak on the drivers side or passenger side front ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Update:

So after not just pulling out the door card but the plastic and everything put it is leaking in through the window seals and runs along the inside of the door (the side that the door card attaches to) and then leaks out the screw holes down the bottom. Not quite where I thought it may have been but I have found it. Now to work out if the seals are perished or just not sitting correctly as I have had that door apart to replace the regulator in the past.

When you put any screws back in, get a tiny bit of sealant on them. I noticed that many have a similar goop on them to what the plastic weather sheet has. Maybe even pinch a bit of that stuff to go on the screw.

M8ter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe
Window rubbers seem to degrade Consistently on 07 ve's, my driver's door fills up with water after a heavy down pour, I pulled one of the bottom door seal lugs out, let's all the water drain freely.

MY18VF2SV6TTAN1C

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Commodore SV6 3.6L
Hi all, 2009 VE omega,

I have trawled through as many posts as I can possibly fathom in trying to find any ideas on where my car may be leaking water into the cabin. I have determined that one leak is from around the hvac unit in the firewall so I am sorting that out.
Mine did this also and Holden told me the Air Intake Plenum was blocked and that also contributed to the leak. Cleaned it out and all was well.