Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Grand Tour (TGT)

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Not sure how content is provided in Oz, Amazon Prime in the USA released today "The Grand Tour (TGT)". "Free" with the Prime Subscription. Episode 1 Season 1 is 1:11:05 long.

Promised the wife that will watch it with her, could not resist to peek a bit. For what I see, on the 1st 5 to 10 mins, seems to be as good or better than before. Few great thing that I can see now.... no commercial interruptions, no censorship and the best part, able to stop anytime and continue later. By the way, great cinematography.

I will give it 5 stars.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Watched it, it's Top Gear with a new set :p

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I liked it. It's a blatant copy of their old Top Gear with smartass different names, but the format works with the three of them. Looking forward to more episodes to see if they keep the momentum going. The new Top Gear will die a slow death.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
If I am not mistaken, quiet a few key individuals from the orignal Top Gear production team, left to the TGT show.

Slow death...? let me add the word painful on that sentence.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Awesome reboot. Basically a double middle finger salute to the BBC from all of them. Loved it!

Only thing to change, "The American". He was boring and forced.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Half way through episode one. Top Gear is dead and they should just let it go. TGT is Top Gear basically. Not sure if anyone knows but 5th Gear is also staffed by former Top Gear staff and presenters and is well worth a watch.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
lots of people are putting the grand tour on a pedestal but wow episode 2 was so bad. if they keep going like that i'll actually prefer top gear

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
No kidding... the whole show was that silly trainning place. I wanted to see more of South Africa, unless... was a fake setting. On a positive note. The Aston Martin was superb. A royal pain to get in and set up. Anayway, would not mind to spend all day at the track messing with the settings. :)

Last edited: