Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Grand Tour (TGT)

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yup, heard that from the "ape's" mouth about the change.

Interesting is, the 1st episode featured Mustangs, the last Cortina and Mondeo. I wonder if it was in part sponsored by Ford.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
They are back???????

Honestly, I enjoyed the challenges and antics more than the other segments.

%%%%

https://www.grandtournation.com/the...elease-date-revealed-by-producer-andy-wilman/

The Grand Tour is going through big changes this year. They’re undergoing format changeswith the tent and studio segments being completely replaced by larger scale special episodes. This of course therefore means no news segment (as far as we know), no celebrities, and no track.

On top of this, they’ve got a new production company doing all the tricky bits, and because of this, Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond can focus more on writing and filming these upcoming episodes, as well as their solo projects.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
A new episode came out, is a challenge in Cambodia about an hour and a half long. A bit political and that bit is too much Greta bullsh¡t for my taste.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Well... father time always catches with us. Not sure if Amazon can recreate these 3 cats chemistry. Is very unique I must say...

I really envy these guys (in a good way), travel, cars and all sort of things in between and the best, get paid big money for it.

%%%%

https://www.grandtournation.com/the...rand-tour-for-too-much-longer-due-to-his-age/

James May reveals that he doesn’t want to be doing The Grand Tour for too much longer after he’s starting to feel his age. He is, after all, 56 years old.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
James May reveals that he doesn’t want to be doing The Grand Tour for too much longer after he’s starting to feel his age. He is, after all, 56 years old.

Indeed, overly fat wallets can create all sorts of issues for lower back, hip and knee joints.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Is there more episodes of season 4 or is it just the one

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Is there more episodes of season 4 or is it just the one
i think they are going to release them one at a time over the coming months

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes, a bit at the time. I think the next episode is on Feb.

James May has a new show, "Our Man in Japan". The wife and I watched the 1st episode, to me, seems to have the same feel of TGT/TG when they do their solo pieces.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
James May does some interesting stuff solo. I can understand that Clarkson would be a bit much for him all the time.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Anybody saw the last one about the Pirate Treasure? I think it was the worse one they ever made. Was good but just not as good as previous one.

Started watching his show about Japan, I say can it was ok, but some is missing. May's episodes about the people's cars I think it was good.

The Grand Tour presenter also admits that they’re already working on filming another episode the Amazon car show later this year, although he can’t reveal any more information as of yet. He also admits that Amazon is “very keen” for him to film another of his Our Man In: travel shows, after the first one, Our Man In: Japan was so successful.