Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think NZ as a whole isn't doing to bad considering the doom and gloom merchants who are predicting the end of civilization as we know it. Yes, tourism is doing it hard but then I don't have much sympathy either when you consider some of the pricing. In many instances it was cheaper to go for a holiday overseas than go to the South Island for a week.

My company is getting the 8 week wage subsidy extension, so another 8 weeks not knowing if I'll be working my rostered shift until the day before or the morning of the night shift or at all and then at the end of the 8 weeks I still don't know if I'll have a job. Company has made at least 7 people redundant so far on the floor in both our Auckland and Christchurch plants. Not sure what has happened in other areas but management are treating us like mushrooms as per normal and complain when the staff get together and talk about the company and management....

Weather is nice for this time of the year and the water shortage gets worse with the long term weather prediction saying we will see less than the average rain fall for the next 6 months :(

Managed to fix the washing machine so that is one less worry for now.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Weather is nice for this time of the year and the water shortage gets worse with the long term weather prediction saying we will see less than the average rain fall for the next 6 months :(

Interesting, over here they are predicting a wetter than normal winter, must be getting lost over on the way to you guys!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Aunty 'Cinda's update video from yesterday.

AUSTRALIA SOURCE OF MOST RETURNEES

Ardern said many of those coming home were coming from Australia, where the welfare system is mostly locked away from non-citizens.

"The majority all the way through have been coming out of Australia. That is a large number of Kiwis coming home, and you can keep in mind their access to support should they lose their job is difficult in Australia," Ardern said.

Ockers can stop whinging about "bloody keewees comin over here and stealing our jobs" (but we are going to keep drinking your beer and shagging your sheilas).

Drinking their beer might be a step too far.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
NZ is doing remarkably well even allowing for the new Covid 19 cases. There has been a spike of a million in the past 8 days around the world and NZ can account for 9 of those.

I still can't understand why Jacinda Ardern gives the time of day to Mike Hosking. His political bias is well known.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We've had no new cases for over a month and there are no current known cases in the state. I heard talk today about Job Keeper might not go until end September as originally planned. Childcare workers are losing it in a few weeks. Not sure what will happen if our organisation lose Job Keeper early. Not sure what will happen even when it's official end date happens. I could end up with skeleton staff again. I'd probably opt for a 20% wage cut if it means I get to keep my staff. If I lost 20% I could get $10k tax free from my super, so not all bad.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
NZ is doing remarkably well even allowing for the new Covid 19 cases. There has been a spike of a million in the past 8 days around the world and NZ can account for 9 of those.

I still can't understand why Jacinda Ardern gives the time of day to Mike Hosking. His political bias is well known.

Because she gives everyone a fair go, even those with clear bias.