Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Still waiting for my delivery on the 20th.
Screenshot_20200423_123252.jpg

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
In some ways, I'm gonna miss the lockdowns and non-essential travel restrictions.

Apart from the weirdness of people, dodging each other and irrationally worrying about germs, it's so much less hectic.
I don't know how other people feel, but life these days just seems too hectic, unstoppable population growth, constant push for economic growth and 24/7 consumption of 'stuff'.....this almost constant push to live life flat stick, 24/7.
Everyone running towards some competition finish-line that keeps getting moved further and further away, a treadmill to nowhere.
All we seem to ever hear about from our politicians and media is fricken economic data points, inflation numbers, employment numbers, house prices....geez, it's relentless.

It would be nice if the world could just slow the f-uck down for a while...

ps
I don't mean go back to the horse n cart and candles for lighting (except for a romantic evening with a special someone;))
Just ease the foot off the accelerator.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
In some ways, I'm gonna miss the lockdowns and non-essential travel restrictions.

Apart from the weirdness of people, dodging each other and irrationally worrying about germs, it's so much less hectic.
I don't know how other people feel, but life these days just seems too hectic, unstoppable population growth, constant push for economic growth and 24/7 consumption of 'stuff'.....this almost constant push to live life flat stick, 24/7.
Everyone running towards some competition finish-line that keeps getting moved further and further away, a treadmill to nowhere.
All we seem to ever hear about from our politicians and media is fricken economic data points, inflation numbers, employment numbers, house prices....geez, it's relentless.

Bloody oath. That's the reason I took a year off work, and now everyone else has slowed down to my speed lol! You are right though, the whole capitalist economic bullshit system is completely consumed by the concept of growth. That every business must make more money this year than it did last year blah blah blah and that causes this whole unnecessary perpetual motion bull **** gogogo lifestyle most people live, which is a really bad way to live actually. I took a year off and it was the best year ever!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Agreed. I'm hoping people will realise we don't need to work 24/7. Life is much better with a little quiet time. This is the first time in probably a decade I'm getting 7-8 hours sleep a night.

Today my boss sent our new temporary work roster. The last line said I wasn't required.... and I'm happy about it.

A read a news report that said alcohol sales are down, hopefully society will realise we don't need 24//7 open liquor stores and all the associated evils that society suffers because of it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Indeed, unfortunately the 1% won't allow that to happen when there are so many sheep to herd

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Today my boss sent our new temporary work roster. The last line said I wasn't required.... and I'm happy about it.

A read a news report that said alcohol sales are down, hopefully society will realise we don't need 24//7 open liquor stores and all the associated evils that society suffers because of it.
Enjoy your time off, it's great but it's amazing how quickly you can lose a day, or was it a week, no a few months if you just sit around and relax too much.
But on alcohol, I do like a beer now and then but have a Google of how many people die each year from alcohol related causes. Pretty sure it's around three quarters of a million! And yet most people in Oz anyway are sitting at home to slow down corona virus drinking beers and wines, while corona virus has only killed approx 175 thousand! I just can't figure that one out.
Anyway, got a wheel alignment done on the Commodore yesterday and took it up the freeway today for a spot of fishing with my daughter. Didn't even catch a cold but great to get the girl out in the sunshine and enjoy the view.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
But on alcohol, I do like a beer now and then but have a Google of how many people die each year from alcohol related causes. Pretty sure it's around three quarters of a million! And yet most people in Oz anyway are sitting at home to slow down corona virus drinking beers and wines, while corona virus has only killed approx 175 thousand! I just can't figure that one out.

Those alcohol deaths are over 12 months while CV deaths over what, 3 or 4 months with numbers still increasing and actions taken to minimise.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

Apart from he reduced alcohol intake, it has been reported that Australians are not feeding $38M per day into poker machines. The $ amount could be fake news, but the general idea would be true, as clubs and pubs are shut.
For those who would argue that pokie income from pubs and clubs and Govt taxes help provide amenities for the wider community, how much personal misery and debt do they create, thereby requiring more charities and counsellors to assist those ‘addicts’ and their families.
Pretty much the same as alcohol and drugs ? Self-inflicted mental injuries.

As for personal stay at home, our yard looks the best it has for yonks, I even look forward to leaves falling off the deciduous trees so I can put the mulching mower through them.
And the amount of excess useful junk appearing outside houses with “free” signs attached, that disappears within a few hours. Lot of households doing de-cluttering.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Those alcohol deaths are over 12 months while CV deaths over what, 3 or 4 months with numbers still increasing and actions taken to minimise.
Scroll down to the section on alcohol. The annual number is 2.8 Million alcohol related deaths. Huge numbers, but remember there's about 8 Billion people on earth.
https://ourworldindata.org/alcohol-consumption

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lets not forget the assaults and accident related to alcohol use. It's a huge burden on the tax payer in terms of hospitals/first responders.

Pulled all the bits out for the next step on the rear suspension...
0-02-07-ddab23a82000d3b5af0b67e878b3d1b07cf84075ef875290c724007bc831e962_473d1d26.jpg