Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Another day in the shed for me lots of coffee drunk did a couple more hours fitting a link g4+ in a jzx100 chaser moved some **** round in the shed

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Always weigh yourself after your morning coffee dump.

Used to wait until I was on overtime, made me feel better having a Double Dollar Dump.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Day 3, 28 March 2020

Weight 113.3 Kg

Can't believe how tired I was after all the work bullshit we dealt with yesterday. I don't think it's quiet sunk in yet and we are a long way from resolving it to a satisfactory conclusion. Next few days could get interesting.

Oldest son is working 10 hours a day from home, currently has 2 PC's and 3 screens set up on his desk. His employer is struggling to keep up with online service demand at this point so he's happy to rake it in.

My other son is working out how he can set up his weight bench on the front deck seeing as they can't go to the gym. That will most likely be tomorrows mission as I'm going to have to move the Senator out of the garage to get access to the weight bench. Doing some weights won't hurt to pass the time and I think my shoulder might be up to it although I did strain it cutting the hedge the other day.

Seen more people walking in the last 2 days than we probably see in 2 months normally. Took a nice evening stroll last night when it was quiet out. Quiet pleasant actually.

Cooking a nice beef roast tonight so the weight metric might start heading in the wrong direction in the following days.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I was going to write to a couple of companies in NZ who I have requested a refund for a few cancelled activities, they have replied that they will consider it, but nothing for a week now. Didn’t do it as I don’t know if they are ignoring my requests, or are just not there.

Discovered that I have chipped a tooth, and that is on a list of things that dentists are not fixing until life returns to normal. Minor first world problem.
I am glad that I do not indulge in smokes or alcohol, but I do miss my addiction to producing nasty emissions as condemned by Greta.
Very quiet day outside, no walkers, very little traffic, most likely due to it being not a good day weather-wise ……... cold 22 degrees, drizzly rain day, so sorta stuck inside reading stuff, and what has been has written on this forum.
Certainly some comments are showing a fraction too much friction.

Our daughter turned up with a weeks’ rations. Still no dunny rolls available here, and she said that some of the items that are not available in her suburb are on the shelves here. Apparently our area is not a big consumer of rice, pasta and noodles. None of the local shoppers were wearing masks but were abiding by the social distancing rules.

Sat on the verandah with her about 5 metres away upwind. She has to go back to work on Monday, as the work supplied computer would not work in her house. Her work now knows why, and another work colleague is going to camp on the premises and use the mini kitchen, shower and his camp bed as he can’t work from home either.

For those interested in my statistics and personal habits, my weight this morning was 0.0993t in accordance with advice given in above posts.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Haha today I did f-all watched my flatmate take a raw turbo to detailed and polished all while telling him how to attack it haha and drunk about figjams weight in coffee. Ventured 200 meters down the road to the dairy for milk and a few more days worth of frozen pies haha I ain't going near the supermarket ques. Decontaminated everything had a good wash made a coffee and back to the shed haha. Scanner on all day for gossip YouTube on the big screen heater on still out there now 14 hours or so since I first came out here this morning hahaha

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Real world tetris ?
Haha yeah I've had a spare vz v6 and auto just sitting on the engine crane taking up space in the middle of the floor. My mate borrowed my spare old welder to enclose his car trailor over the lockdown so with a bit of stacking and moving we fitted the motor and box in the corner out of the way

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
And it's been pooring down with rain all day keeping some of the wandering idiots at home