Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Spent Saturday cleaning out the shed, got a tandem axle trailer ready to go to the tip when they open to the public.
Repurposed our old MDF kitchen pantry into a Geek workbench, got my Slackware box setup for internet access.
Today i think will be another heavy caffeine intake day and maybe will sit down and solder up some bi-modal controller
pcb's and program the driver IC's.
Get my lunch ready as well, for our "essential" works on Monday, gotta drive 2.5hrs to Western Lakes Rd, Featherston to change out some powerpoles and install new crossarms and other hardware and then drive home again in my crane truck.
My stats are 6ft2in @ 0.079t fully clothed and dripping wet..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
went for a run yesterday , I've got a couple of dumbells , and kettlebells , and an old tractor weight at home so did a weight circuit with those as my gym is temporarily closed , did lawns , washed some of the windows of the house , about to go for another run shortly , currently at 0.069T . The seats in the truck max out at 0.150T , couple of the boys are almost at that limit. Makes you miss the little things in life being in lockdown .

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Is today lockdown day4?
Either way just feels like a long weekend so far and I have enjoyed it.
I put a mesh fence across the front driveway so we can do stuff around the house and my boy has more exploration area.
It's the wife's birthday today in lock down which is a bit strange (can't go for cafe coffee or dinner tonight etc) but will play with kids outside.
So far I have put the flooring down in our roof space which was lifted for the new insulation a month or so ago. (pic is of when almost finished)
IMG_20200329_091251.jpg

And the wife painted some aluminium joinery.
Also played real world tetris in the garage for a little.
We shouldn't need any supplies for a few more days - and still haven't left my property yet.
Not bothered by my weight (5ft11" and around 88kg) because drags next month won't be happening and that is where I wanted to run my first 11.
Current exercise routine is lie in the middle of the tramp while my 2y/o (well, he is 2 next month) runs laps around me to create a gentle massage effect.

I'll update again later.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
While we were in NZ, we knew more about the crisis in NZ and Aus from the TV news than we are getting to know now. Australian news seems to be full of talking ‘celebrity’ heads who are criticising ScoMo for doing too much, not enough, too early, too late or completely in the wrong direction.
We, as a nation have become a pack of whingers. If the current generation attitude had existed in 1942, and the peril invaded Sydney, they would have been taking selfies with the peril, and inviting them to a beach party, or directing them to a barista bar. Then seeking counselling about the resultant restrictions and hardship.

I have given up watching TV news, as our coverage all seems centred on Little Beijing, 150km south of us. NZ may well have sunk into the Tasman for all we get. I have been checking NZ news via the computer, as I see our future as your present.

As for personal details, most of you Kiwis must be string beans. I am 183cm tall, and two years ago, I was 90kg, the result of swimming 2km per day, and looked like I was ready to fall through my bumhole and hang myself. After an operation to have some bits removed, I never went back swimming, and my weight has gone to where it is now, although on average I walk about 3>5km per day.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
While we were in NZ, we knew more about the crisis in NZ and Aus from the TV news than we are getting to know now. Australian news seems to be full of talking ‘celebrity’ heads who are criticising ScoMo for doing too much, not enough, too early, too late or completely in the wrong direction.
We, as a nation have become a pack of whingers. If the current generation attitude had existed in 1942, and the peril invaded Sydney, they would have been taking selfies with the peril, and inviting them to a beach party, or directing them to a barista bar. Then seeking counselling about the resultant restrictions and hardship.

I have given up watching TV news, as our coverage all seems centred on Little Beijing, 150km south of us. NZ may well have sunk into the Tasman for all we get. I have been checking NZ news via the computer, as I see our future as your present.

As for personal details, most of you Kiwis must be string beans. I am 183cm tall, and two years ago, I was 90kg, the result of swimming 2km per day, and looked like I was ready to fall through my bumhole and hang myself. After an operation to have some bits removed, I never went back swimming, and my weight has gone to where it is now, although on average I walk about 3>5km per day.

I’ve never watched/ listened to the evening news so much as I have in last couple of weeks , sadly the NZ she’ll be right attitude is a issue here for a few , but most seem to be adhering, at work we thoroughly clean our trucks inside and out regularly particularly at shift change,

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Day 4, Sunday 29th March.

Weight: 112.8kg (shocker after last nights desert)

Ran out of milk after this mornings coffee so the first job was to walk to the local dairy and get a couple of bottles. Get to the top of the street and the dairy is closed. Walk down to the other dairy and they have milk but not what the missus wants. Go home empty handed but at least I clocked up a couple of Km's beating the feet. Will need to do a supermarket run later.

Weather started off nice so the big job of the day was to get the weight bench out of the garage and onto the deck. My son helped me push the Senator out of the garage so we could get his weight bench out of storage. I'll call that a success. We re-arranged the deck furniture, turned the couch into a day bed, moved tables and chairs aside and we end up with this.
WhatsApp Image 2020-03-29 at 15.49.54.jpeg

Whilst the Senator was out of the garage I used a couple of cans of CRC degreaser to clean the engine bay and subframe/steering rack for future works. Swept out the garage but had to push the old girl back in before I got everything done that I wanted as it started raining.

We did a supermarket run this evening. Pack N Slave have a decent system going. One person per trolley, no trolley no entry and limited number of trolleys available (60) so they were controlling the number of people in the store. It was fairly quiet as there were trolleys sitting about. About the only thing we couldn't find was plain white flour. Missus is not happy. I went and tried at the local Countdown but no flour there either and their crowd control seem much more lacking. I think we will stick to Pack N slave for the time being. Then I shot around to work and picked up my tools and other personal possessions. Still some **** there but nothing I will cry over should the worst happen next week. Got home and showered. Feeling much better now.

Streets were eerily deserted, strange feeling driving around and just seeing empty car parks everywhere in what otherwise is a very busy place.

Me eldest son is making the most of this. He normally works 2 days a week and picks up the odd day of overtime. Currently, his alarm goes off, he rolls out of bed, grabs a bowl of breakfast and starts his day. Will do in excess of 50 hours this coming week as they are giving him all the overtime he wants and keep asking if he can do more. Might as well make hay whilst the sun shines so to speak.

Life isn't to bad ATM. Tomorrow it'll be time to pull finger and start getting on with some jobs around the house which means more painting/prep...

... weather dependent.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Got a break in the rain today smashed out some more link wiring on the flatmates chaser with a YouTube 80s metal mix cranking out the stereo sorted inlet temp sensor map sensor and boost solinoid all mounted and wired crank sensor and cam sensor all wired and tested on the link built in trigger scope. If the rains stays away tomorrow it will hopefully start.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Heyhey, I just found someone's stash of Farmbake triple choc bickies.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Heyhey, I just found someone's stash of Farmbake triple choc bickies.
Your weight has dropped by .7 kg. Eat them before you waste away to nothing unless I am too late.

Morrison was on tv tonight (and every other night for that matter, pause button works a treat). Wife listened to what he said just in case he had something important to say, he didn't. He said that those over the age of 70 should stay home. He doesn't mean me because I'm 72. Twisted logic I know. If he thinks that I am going to give up my morning walk he is dreaming, puppy will be all good to go out on the street next Sunday so that will be more walking not less.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I was shocked too, I NEED those bickies. Great with a cuppa and some youtube vids.

Tomorrows gonna be a headfuck for sure, work **** to sort. D day hopefully for management.