Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Day 5, 30 March 2020

Weight: 112.8kg

Well the weather didn't cooperate with my intentions. Spent a good portion of the day dealing with work **** and still no resolution except the company is starting to wind down production by mid week but only because customers have pulled most of their jobs.

Today is the missus first day at home on enforced leave even though she has plenty of work to do which she can do from home easily. She's not happy.

Spent a bit of time collecting and cutting fire wood and got a good fire going in the pizza oven this evening, good couple of hours out of the house.

Right now, I'd give a lot to be out on the road cruising some of our great drives with **** all traffic about. Long haul drivers must be enjoying the roads I bet.

Be nice people, we are in unprecedented times.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like you folk are doing better than our friends in India who are also supposed to be in lockdown.

19eb34acd56f6d3f0e65bd92cbf277dc5b701856

Indian migrant workers crowd to board buses to return to their native villages after a nationwide lockdown was announced.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Day 5,
Spent a bit of time collecting and cutting fire wood and got a good fire going in the pizza oven this evening, good couple of hours out of the house.
Need pics of said pizza oven. I have pics on my house build thread. I have built two over the years. When I sell up wife wants me to build another. Lots of work to build one though, takes me a fair few weeks and around $1000. I want to build a tandoor oven as well one day to go with the new pizza oven when we build a new house.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Same **** different day here lol. Jzx100 is running on the link made a quick base tune and it fired right up like a top. Just a few little things to add like boost solinoid a/c control and a fuel pump relay maybe the check engine light too

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that spool down of the latest in garrett goodness g25-660 wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Need pics of said pizza oven. I have pics on my house build thread. I have built two over the years. When I sell up wife wants me to build another. Lots of work to build one though, takes me a fair few weeks and around $1000. I want to build a tandoor oven as well one day to go with the new pizza oven when we build a new house.
he sent me a cool video from when he first fired it up. Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot_20200331_075505_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg

Bloody nice spot around the back of his place with all the trees etc as a back drop

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Day 5, 30 March 2020

Weight: 112.8kg

Well the weather didn't cooperate with my intentions. Spent a good portion of the day dealing with work **** and still no resolution except the company is starting to wind down production by mid week but only because customers have pulled most of their jobs.

Today is the missus first day at home on enforced leave even though she has plenty of work to do which she can do from home easily. She's not happy.

Right now, I'd give a lot to be out on the road cruising some of our great drives with **** all traffic about. Long haul drivers must be enjoying the roads I bet.

Be nice people, we are in unprecedented times.

the quiet roads are good , but then again it's kind of eerie too , a few cars ,but mostly it's other trucks and the boys in blue out and about , I've been doing a bit of firewood as well , wifey is now working from home too , our home office looks like Nasa mission control , two monitors , and personal and work phone , although she spends more time puttering about outside , I think think I have spoken to more people up my street , from a distance of course , than ever , all seem resigned to it , and taking it their stride .

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
For Losh,
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-02 at 20.35.49 (1).jpeg

Still need to make cabinet door and enclose the sides. Then finish the bench tops but with the current situation that is all on hold for the moment. Still it's fully functional and that is the most important bit.

Mother inlaw just called, they went shopping this morning and the shop had a full shelf of flour so we are heading out on a scavenging mission this morning.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
NZ coronavirus modelling gives an insight into why you lot are in lockdown.

No wonder our "esteemed leader" backed out of disclosing similar info for Aus.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Definitely. Going hard early is going to save lives. I wish people would see that.