Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Great NZ Lockdown 2020 thread

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Day 8, 2 April 2020

Weight:113.8kg

Slightly more productive day. Went out on the bike and clocked up a few km and some big hills and then did some light weights on the weight bench working on the shoulder. We cleaned down the eaves/trims on one side ready for painting. Spent less time worrying about work **** and finished off the day with a nice bit of steak on the BBQ, the final episode of Star Trek Picard, the new episode of Blacklist and watch a Movie with Travolta.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
I hope that the courts will impose those penalties, and not let them off with a slap on the wrist and a warning because the poor, under-priveledged, misunderstood, young kidults had an unfortunate childhood.

It costs about 100K a year to keep someone locked up so now you know why offenders get a slap on the wrist and a warning

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It costs about 100K a year to keep someone locked up so now you know why offenders get a slap on the wrist and a warning
Agreed there are so many in the world that play the "I was card" yet there are thousands if not millions who have a terrible upbringing and decide for themselves I will not be like my parents and end up forging ahead in life and make the world a better place, while prospering in what they do. It all comes down to attitude.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Day 9, Friday 3rd April

Weight 113.8kg

Did my best to ignore work problems and get on with daily life stuck at home. Went up to the local dairy and got a couple of bottles of milk. Bit of a line but people following social spacing rules etc. Broke out the paint and started on the eave/trims on the side of the house. Spent about 4 hours out there, long and boring but more productive than work ****. 2 more coats tomorrow and we'll call it good. Oven cooked chicken pieces for dinner with some mash, carrots and bacon/onion gravy followed by a couple of hours of Netfix. Much more satisfying day.

I have noticed increased traffic the last few days and you have to start to wonder if people are taking this seriously. The people across the road all disappear for the day and the people 2 doors down also leave with all their kids and are gone for ages and I know they have relatives living around the corner. Hoping police enforcement will pick up with the clarification of the rules today and the cops given temporary powers to enforce those rules around the lock down.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Day 10, Saturday 4th April

Weight:114kg

Starting to sleep better, it's weird getting 8 hours sleep a night. Been almost 3 weeks since I last worked a night shift. Police chopper was overhead today for some time, interestingly he was a lot higher than usual. We live close to the Auckland international airport approach and see aircraft on a regular basis but with almost zero commercial air traffic it's allowed the chopper to maintain proper elevation as we live on an elevated part of the area and that bloody chopper doesn't or can't maintain the normal 1000ft AGL minimum altitude without getting into the controlled airspace for the airport. This new chopper is also louder than the old one which is a bit annoying.

Did 2 more coats of paint on what I started yesterday and it looks much better however using a roller on an extended pole has really taxed my stuffed shoulder so it's a dose of painkillers this evening. Now that the back door bit is painted I can finish off installing the back door security camera which means I have all the main entrances to the house covered. Smile for the camera :)

Did some slow cooked honey/soy marinated pork chops on the BBQ with stuffed oven baked potatoes and beans for dinner with a cookie dough and ice cream desert. The scales are going to suffer for a few days with all the nice deserts we've been having.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Night shift a buggar, some like it. Do you do rotating shifts or just all night?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I work a rotating pattern 3 on 3 off kinda. It takes ages to get back into a regular sleeping pattern after I stop working shifts.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I watched Jacinda Adern's press conference this afternoon , in which she said , " While the majority of New Zealanders are following the rules , there are some who I would charitably describe as idiots " well said Jacinda. . With just over 1000 combined confirmed and probable cases , 2 in intensive care , and only 1 death , we're doing fine .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I work a rotating pattern 3 on 3 off kinda. It takes ages to get back into a regular sleeping pattern after I stop working shifts.
with us its three days , then three nights , followed by three days off , I like to stay up after finishing my last night shift , and have three full days off .

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
With my injured shoulder I've spent about 5-6 years not sleeping so 8 hours is a rarity for me. I struggle to sleep between night shifts even now unfortunately.