Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Heron White Series 2 Wagon

Discussion in 'VE - WM' started by ASxTecH, Mar 11, 2015.

1. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    Mark my words.. Im back!
    For the boys and girls that seen my Voodoo Thunder ute i have missed it every day since selling it. Since it has been written off just 3 weeks later after selling it i was heart broken to say the least. She's was a incredible car and never should of sold it. Anyways lets get to it shall we!

Here to welcome to new pickup is my 2012 Sv6 wagon in Herons white. Previously i was on my way to pick up a E3 Maloo that was going to sit in the shed for the next 9 months plans changed and i ended up with this. First glance she's a little rough but only has 78 xxx on the clock and has only been used by a family its whole life.
    Picked her up incredibly, Incredibly cheap due to things needing fixing but by the time I'm writing this most things have been fixed for all under $150 thanks to a lot of mate and my hands in the car scene. Exactly what i was looking something nice to bring back to life.

Colour
    Herons White

Year

Transmission
    6 Speed Tiptronic Auto

Suspension
    Stock

Engine
    Clubsport Cat-back exhaust

Plans

[​IMG]

I didn't even drive home from Sydney before picking up a Clubsport exhaust for $50. Not looking for noise just the look
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Never thought i would own one but here it is. So far I'm loving it

2. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
    You just couldnt wait could you, hahaha! Whats the plans for this, bags/rims/doof doof? or will it just be a stop gap until the Maloo?

3. rayh

rayh New Member

Members Ride:
    '14 SV6 UTE
    dem p plate restrictions ey. it'l still come up good with your hands on it i reckon haha

4. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    I really like your new ride.
    Nice pickup

5. Sandman

Sandman Challenge Accepted

Members Ride:
    HQ VC VZ
    "Just going to be a daily"..... famous last words. Looks good man, can't wait for it to snowball.

6. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    Yeah just a gap till i get the Maloo :)

Thanks mate!

ahaha anyone that knowns me that this will turn bad

7. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    Sorry for the slow updates, I only have limited time to jump on the web and update it. This was the first night i got it.
    Im really not a fan of the single tip look so picked up a Clubsport cat back for $50 and gave the tips a coat in black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill try get a few more updates but i have a bit of time.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  8. mantaray56

mantaray56 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 Z
    I must say I like the look of the black tips.

9. SUP3RST4R_DJ

SUP3RST4R_DJ Member

Members Ride:
    2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
    Very nice mate seen this on FB hey. How much do you plan on doing to her before you get a maloo?

10. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    Must have been a hard job the 6th pic you dropped one of your balls lol.

Looks real good twin tips in black

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  11. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    Was a bit of a last minute desison to do them black, something different compared to all my previous cars I have had chrome. Really like it now. Plus no cleaning them anymore. Winning!

Only very minimal cost effective stuff to make her looking nice that wrong wreck the chances of making a quick sale and profit at the end compared to the ute even know I got great money for it. Only staying to bolt on stuff that can be removed for sale quickly if needed

12. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    I have been over seas for nearly 2 weeks and sitting in a tattoo shop waiting on a 6 hour tattoo for my partner. Internet isn't the best and I'm using a iPhone it's a mission. I'll try get some previous photos uploaded of what's been done.

So this is pretty well how I got it, because I got it so damn cheap you have to expect there was some things that needed fixing up. For my standards it was horribly dirty. First day I gave her a quick clean and photos of some of the damaged parts.

First thing was the seat plastic was broken for the passenger side. Lucky I had some spared at home from previous seats from the ute
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For what ever reason it looks like the console trim has been lifted previously and never reinstalled correctly. Super easy fix was done in 5 minuets
    [​IMG]

Being a family car you have to expect it to be dirty and full of dirt and mud, I pulled most of the sill plastics up and washed them with water and cleaned all the rubber window and door skills
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see it's looking at lot better inside.

Here's a better photo of the black tips after a quick was. Pretty happy with the black look. I ended up swapping the stock 18" rims for some 20" Holden Supersport rims
    [​IMG]

I knew the exact issue when I picked the car up that the door sensor was faulty that the headunit would stay on when the door was opened so I changed that out. Ended up picking up 2 new mirrors, new gear shifter, console lid and door sensor from a mate wrecking a VE for $100.
    Console lid and shifter had a bit of ware on them and the mirrors have large chunks of plastic taken out of them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll have to finish off them I'm back in Australia the internet isn't the greatest and won't let me load photo bucket

Had the wagon put in for 15%. Looks much much better
    [​IMG]

13. Sandman

Sandman Challenge Accepted

Members Ride:
    HQ VC VZ
    Coming along nicely. Mudflaps need to go though, even you you put em back on when you sell it.

14. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    I wish I could upload new photos, they are taken off now :) also not looking like a 4x4

15. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    Got back into Australia Thursday to find out i have lost my job so things will be stopped until i pick something up again but ill update everything that been done so far.
    [​IMG]

I got some lower springs for free for the rear of the car so chucked them in. Thing looked like i was towing a invisable caravan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next on the attack list was the mud flaps. Unfortunately they left a lot of damage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I picked up some duel 12" subwoofers off gumtree pretty cheap and a mate hooked me up with a amp and speakers cheap. Was dying coming out of the ute into this crappy stock system.
    [​IMG]

I tapped into the rear doors for the liner converter and pulled all the trims up. Amp is a "Vibe" Brand and the thing TINY for what power it puts out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My the end it will one single cable for the amp and converter so its easy to move when the spare is needed. Just need to mount them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wanted it installed so i could remove the subwoofer if i went away and needed the extra room or sleep with the seats layer down. Come up perfect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The keys were over due for some new buttons so picked 2 up on Ebay for about $8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found all this oil cleaning the car one night, was stressing the timing chain seal needed replacing. Ended up being the power stressing leaking and hitting the belts sending it everywhere. Issue fixed now.
    [​IMG]

Next i lowered the front with some SSSL springs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As normal bearings where split open, Chucked some newies in
    [​IMG]

Shocks were dirty as hell, cleaned them up before reinstalling
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a fan of the guard badges on any model so tool them off. You may of noticed i swapped the supersports for the HSV SV's again off the ute.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I noticed the rear plastic liners had a few clips missing. Brought 100 a long time ago, come in handy and replaced them all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looking a bit better then stock when i got her. Really needing white plates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ASxTecH

ASxTecH Member

Members Ride:
    GenF LSA Maloo
    On my way Sydney Airport the mirror decided to break off the window ahah, Glued it back on now
    [​IMG]

On my way to Sydney with 4 people in the car plus all our bags the rear springs were just to bouncy so first day i was back i chucked some brand new HD SSSL springs in.
    Also couldn't help myself i picked some Series 2 SSV leather seats for stupid cheap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They where pretty dirty and had to change the seat belts and bases due to u wanted to keep my bases and electric's knowing they work already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway back to the springs in the rear. These springs made a HUGE difference compared to the no name crappy free ones i got for free off a mate. I know why they were free now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They sit a bit higher I'm guessing being HD versions but they will settle a little. Good respectable height that looks good and any person can drive it.
    [​IMG]

Time to chuck to the speakers in, Im a killer for making not cutting thing up and trying to make things as stock as possible. Made a little loom that just plugs in and unplugs if needed.
    Not great speakers but they will do for daily music duties unlike the ute. its a upgrade over the stock crap thats for sure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While the doors off i changed the cracked mirror.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took her for a little drive to settle the springs and test the seats, The new family member approves!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ever since picking her up i wanted to fix the swirl marks all over the car. Spent 3 hours washing and claying the car ready to polish, Only got the Bonnet, Roof, Boot and guards started in 1 of 3 step compound. wish i had more time before the rain hit followed by hail. Leave that for another day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what i turned around to...
    [​IMG]

Come up great with some Mothers Wax. This was after driving and sitting over night in the rain. Need to get better pictures with the SLR and clean it again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all i have in store for now until i pick something else up for work. Other then that hows she looking compared to when u got it a few weeks ago?

17. Heron SSV

Heron SSV Active Member

Members Ride:
    2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
    Looks schmick as always

18. Jasee123

Jasee123 New Member

Members Ride:
    2011 HSV Clubsport E3
    Just like u did with ur ute, you do the smallest details that makes it look 100x better. Looks amazing, congrats mate. Cant wait to see what ur maloo would look like when the time comes

19. BrokWoods

BrokWoods Member

Members Ride:
    2009 VE SV6 Ute
    Looks awesome man :D Love it.

20. villn808

villn808 Active Member

Members Ride:
    MY15 SSV Sedan