Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Holden VE II – or VF – will be the VE Commodore's first facelift since its introd

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
The Holden VE II – or VF – will be the VE Commodore's first facelift since its introduction in 2006.

The new car is hiding more under the skin than on top.
A new, high-tech direct-injection V6 could be destined for the big sedan late this year when the car gets a refresh. The VF Commodore is likely to get a range of improvements designed to lift fuel economy and further develop the company's ‘Ecoline’ strategy.

Visually the car may also borrow some design elements from Holden's Coupe 60 concept car, like the repeaters in the rear view mirrors, deeper grille and restyled lower bumper air intake to give a smoother look to the front end.

The interior is also likely to get a styling make-over to better compete against the FG Falcon's stylish interior.

GM-Holden is not revealing details yet but the company has a choice of two DI engines of either 3.0-litre or 3.6-litre capacity that substantially reduce emissions and improve fuel economy.

The 3.0-litre delivers 190kW/298Nm, which is 15kW more than the current 3.6-litre Commodore engine but 27Nm less torque.

The bigger 3.6-litre DI engine delivers 225kW/369Nm and is available in GM's Cadillac models.

Holden Commodore VF: VE facelift | carsguide.com.au

Coupe60_19_m_m.jpg

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Would certainly be nice to see a decent interior, against the FG the VE interior is seriously dated. Would also be nice to see it not look so sanitary and basic aka cheap.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pretty clear - 3.0 Liter direct injection for the base models as has been posted else where. My information is still that there will be a larger variation (3.6L) for at least the Calais and SV-6. No word on the smaller version. Look to the Coupe 60 for styling cues regarding appearance upgrades.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Would certainly be nice to see a decent interior, against the FG the VE interior is seriously dated. Would also be nice to see it not look so sanitary and basic aka cheap.

No word on the interior..... Will see what I can find out :)

Reaper

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
maybe something along the lines of this........

vf_sslarge.jpg

VF.jpg

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
*cries* anyone think the taillights look like the FG Falcon?
front end looks alright tho

My guess is for VF. Holden havent used the Series II badging since the VY. Everything since then has had model years attached to it.
CC

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In today's Daily Telegraph, Mark Reuss was interviewed regarding Holden's future.

He obviously wasn't giving too much away, but he did say that future Commodore development would centre on refinement, economy and weight reduction but that major expensive facial upgrades were out.

I guess that means that the statements made at the time of the VE's release, that Holden was reducing the body life cycle from nine years to six, has gone out the window. Whilst the next model may be a mid-body facelift, I think it's likely that any really new Commodore could be deferred until 2014 or later.

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
No mention of a V8 replacement, have we seen the last of the 6.0L?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think the more modern scalloped doors from the Coupe 60 will be scraped due to money saving but everything else should make it on

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
No mention of a V8 replacement, have we seen the last of the 6.0L?

I think you will find the V8 will carry over virtually un-changed. It is still a relatively new motor. DOD will be just refined over the coming model years.

Reaper