Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The 'I'm so freaking bored' thread

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Nothing beats fixing stuff urself, it's the best.. damn sounds like fun with all that ghosting :| I had to grab a dvd drive out of my mates pc he left here but isn't picking up for a while just so I could install because this windows is dvd only, basic windows install and it involves pulling the thing apart.. and now it's importing their email inbox, never cleaned out so there's about 8,000 messages and its going at a very slow rate

I wish I was comfy in bed, damned cold weather brrrr

And 1vngal (if that is your real name) get me some alcohol, then I'll sing for you.. need alcohol :p

Oh really?!?!?! My real name is Amanda.

*runs and gets a bottle of Cougar XS*

Now sing bitch!!! :rofl:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I don't like Cougar XS :p.. from now on you shall be called Amanda lol

How 'bout some smirnoff blue label ^_^

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yeh, i backed up my working install thats only like 2 weeks old, so i could re arrange partitions for linux, did that, ghosted back on and got a unfixable bsod at logon screen

then ghosted my first backup just after the 2 week old install, and that for some reason lost the xp there and wouldnt let me into disk management, by that time i was getting annoyed so i reinstalled a fresh windows, installed a few basic things, then went to work installing linux for dualboot.

debian wouldnt play the game(wanted to have a bash at debian, as i had fc5 on before hdd died and i bought a new one) so now ive got fc5 on there, installed with no probs. just needs a driver for wifi and install some apps.

woodwork was cool, and i had a mad teacher, eh was a short old dude, last name massey, like the tractor!! he taught me graphics, woodwork, metalwork and electronics in yr 8 i think it was.

man, without any of that, i wouldnt be tackling this new manifold on the car, re arranging ****, making new brackets. i wouldnt have made my fooly sik subwoofer box that fills half the rear of the car!!!

lol, i got a letterbox somewhere from school, parents are gonna use it wen they buy a house(still renting, moved too many times over the years, which im also glad i did, so many experiences)

woooooooooo, im ranting, should goto sleep soon and my left hands going numb from lying on it and typing!!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't like Cougar XS :p.. from now on you shall be called Amanda lol

How 'bout some smirnoff blue label ^_^

I can do that!!!

Where's my song?

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh, i backed up my working install thats only like 2 weeks old, so i could re arrange partitions for linux, did that, ghosted back on and got a unfixable bsod at logon screen

then ghosted my first backup just after the 2 week old install, and that for some reason lost the xp there and wouldnt let me into disk management, by that time i was getting annoyed so i reinstalled a fresh windows, installed a few basic things, then went to work installing linux for dualboot.

debian wouldnt play the game(wanted to have a bash at debian, as i had fc5 on before hdd died and i bought a new one) so now ive got fc5 on there, installed with no probs. just needs a driver for wifi and install some apps.

woodwork was cool, and i had a mad teacher, eh was a short old dude, last name massey, like the tractor!! he taught me graphics, woodwork, metalwork and electronics in yr 8 i think it was.

man, without any of that, i wouldnt be tackling this new manifold on the car, re arranging ****, making new brackets. i wouldnt have made my fooly sik subwoofer box that fills half the rear of the car!!!

lol, i got a letterbox somewhere from school, parents are gonna use it wen they buy a house(still renting, moved too many times over the years, which im also glad i did, so many experiences)

woooooooooo, im ranting, should goto sleep soon and my left hands going numb from lying on it and typing!!

Well, as much I hated highschool, I still learnt a lot that has helped me now that I've left.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Ahhhhh Linux, I tried my hardest but it just wasn't for me, and the logistics behind all of those settings, dear god they're bad just to think about..

Complete *nix newbie here, I want to have another crack at it one day when I get a spare machine.. I documented my bizarre encounter with linux in a short lived blog here (read from bottom to top), completely blown away after I learned how easy it was (it just looks daunting at first) but basic things like working my way around were too hard for me, too used to Windows and all of the shortcut keys/mouse gesture programs/etc

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I can do that!!!

Where's my song?

*Juzza drinks too much and passes out*.. sorry, looks like you missed out on that song! :D :D bwahaha

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha, got out of that one good.

yeh, i been fascinated with linux for a long time, but never had a spare machine.

bought this laptop for a playtoy, so been ab le to use it.

linux is very strange for a windoze user, but yeh, it does get easier.

these days, theres linux distros that even look like windows!!

i kinda pushed myself to start messing with it. like most things i do, keep trying. installing linux with no cdrom is a bitch i tell ya!!

*goes to read blog before he falls asleep*

oh,. n u got lots of links in ur sig too!1

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
*Juzza drinks too much and passes out*.. sorry, looks like you missed out on that song! :D :D bwahaha

Ohhh...not nice....

*walks off and sulks*

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
amanda, i hated school for the last 3-4 years, but i just went n skimmed thru.

sucked, but i had some good friends and some fun times getting into ****.