Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Cats eyes are a bloody killer, I'd hate to think of how much grief try have caused me over the years. It's funny cos we don't see them as being big but when you are 10 times smaller they are bloody massive. It's like hitting a 300mm high gutter in a 1:1 scale car.

Cats Eyes.... is that what we call em... :p

yeah man for sure and the speed u hit em at. Spoon drains are the best to jump up until u cartwheel it up the neighbours driveway or take out their solar lights... orrrr is that just me

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Im pretty happy thats all i seem to have broken, All pulled apart now. Local shops should stock the traxxas spares but not RPM gear?

Was going pretty well full throttle down the side of the road hit a bump in the grass and straight into a tree!

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
^^ouch man.... that's nuts hate it when little bumps just "Appear" and throw her about. u gotta b ready for countermeasures and brakes :p

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
^^ouch man.... that's nuts hate it when little bumps just "Appear" and throw her about. u gotta b ready for countermeasures and brakes :p

Lol it was kinda bounce - tree... ####... im Pretty well horrible at the moment... kinda watch your ankles =)

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
hahah yeh happens too fast hey.. i gone over my bare foot @ 3qtr throttle and the ally base plate just sliced a channel out my foot, had claret everywhere LOL few years back now... Personal note wear shoes and keep the car away from u.... Coz im a Twat

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Im pretty happy thats all i seem to have broken, All pulled apart now. Local shops should stock the traxxas spares but not RPM gear?

Was going pretty well full throttle down the side of the road hit a bump in the grass and straight into a tree!

Yeah local hobby shop should stock the Traxxas spares, I bought a pair couple weeks ago, they were under 10 bucks for the pair. Some hobby stores do stock RPM, just gotta find one that does, or otherwise get the stockies to get you running again and order RPM gear as well. I think even the RPM's work out to around 20 bucks inc postage. I've got a full set of blue ones on order for mine.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Higher MaH means it will last longer, I have 2 x 3000 MaH, a 4200, and a 5000, the higher ones last a fair bit longer, and seem to have a tiny bit more punch off the line.

E-Revo brushless shouldn't be $1300.... my LHS has that for $975, and have seen it for low 900's at some shops on the east coast.

I'm located in NZ mate, so prices are a bit more expensive unfortunately!

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Ah ok... Bugger :(

Tell me about it! But I guess you guys pay the same (taking into exchange rates) anyway so it isn't too bad.

I will just save my pennys till i have enough to buy one out right. may sell some of my stuff in the meantime to make some quick cash :)

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
can't find any locals that stock the standard or RPM parts. Standard they said $30 and it wont be in til next friday... might aswel order the RPM.

Just bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360420261208?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Just got this off the RPM site

The upper hinge pin hole of the rear axle carriers cannot be used (not a stock location for the Slash 4x4 or Stampede 4x4) due to strengthening designs that reduce the clearance around the rear axle.

Do i need something else to fit or what is this =S

Last edited: