Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So I got around to tearing the Slash apart tonight for a full damage assessment, and.....not as bad as i first thought. All the rims seem OK, 1 had egged and another had a bulge on the inner rim, but after sitting for a couple days, they both seem to have popped back into shape. Repaired the busted front shock with caps and parts from the bent rear one, even pinched the oil from it to refill the front one. Servo plate had broken on one side where it screws on, but glued that back together and it's rock solid. So it looks like I'm gonna get away with new rear shocks and a body. Not too bad considering it was run over by a full size car :)

Oh and Pickle, $30 is a rip for stock suspension arms, I paid $9.80 for a set at my LHS.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Jebadayah - if you are looking at getting a new body why don't get a Prographix body. They are precut to fit and are already printed with a flash design on the inside. All you do is add your own base colour. Tamiya have a good selection of colours which your LHS should carry for about 13 bucks a can. Depending on what colour you pick you will need to to a black final cost.

38-5811X.jpg

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Item number 160703927948 on eBay.

I plan on getting one when my current body gets too ratty.

Yeah actually thinking about one of those, and either an Atomic Green or Ignition colour behind it. Or maybe something in blue to match the RPM arms I ordered for it.

Or this... cept it works out to over $100 with postage for that body. Not sure I love it that much

Attachments

• 6808A_3qtrRearHigh_body.jpg
    6808A_3qtrRearHigh_body.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 77

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yeah....that and the fact i'd have to get the green rims would make it an expensive exercise for a purely cosmetic change. Looks bloody awesome though. Meanwhile I'm sitting here bored, looking at my Slash with no body or rear shocks, but a perfectly good VXL ESC and motor, and looking at my nephew's Grave Digger next to it, and having evil thoughts about a temporary brushless monster truck :D