Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The JC RC Car thread

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Rustler's at the hobby store getting fixed, I just left the whole car with em. A decision I'm regretting now, If it was here, I'd have already pinched the shocks off it for my Slash :p

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I went to my local today and bought some little bike ramps to jump off. They were priced at 80 bucks each but when they scanned at half that I got 2. I'll post a video from my garage later.

4686c088.jpg

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
just ran my e revo vxl on 4s (2sx2 series). i know i know there not rated for it but for 1 min runtime it wont hurt.

anyway! holy flipping duck sh%t! things insane! although what they say about running higher voltage and breaking stuff is true. spat two drive shafts and snapped another a-arm! :D

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I went to my local today and bought some little bike ramps to jump off. They were priced at 80 bucks each but when they scanned at half that I got 2. I'll post a video from my garage later.

4686c088.jpg

Heh, this is what my little brother has... and some bigger ones too.. the car lands too solid its pretty likely to break something!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Bah, snapped another drive shaft so I bit the bullet and bought some MIP X-Duties.

Pickle - I agree. It does land pretty hard but I reckon it could take it. I'm goin to get it out soon and do some massive speed jumps just to see what happens haha.

drift-it - doesn't the E Revo take up to 6s LiPo? Or is that just the Mamba edition? I still want to get an E Revo, they look bloody awesome.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I changed the cooling lines on my Spartan today to much thicker and more durable hose. I was unsure of the colour at first but once fitted I reckon it's pretty cool. Next step is to build a water pump that I can hook up to the lines to flush the salt/dirty water out and also integrate it into the stand. I'm so keen to get this thing in the water next week, it's been too long!!

604f3494.jpg

22b99d6d.jpg

I'll post some pics and maybe a video next week.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So I got one car working again today, got hold of a spare rear shock for my Slash so that's functional again, has a somewhat munted body still but it's still serviceable for bashing. Called store this morning to check on progress on my Rustler, the ESC they were "taking out today to send to the supplier" 2 weeks ago is still in the car cos they have "a backlog from Christmas to work through" (I'm guessing rough translation of this is "Yours is warranty work, so we're gonna do the paying customers first and we'll get to yours when we get to it) :p They're saying they should get to it sometime next week so I guess I just gotta be patient :) But in the meantime the Slash is up and running without spending a dime so I'm fairly happy, but definitely gonna get the upgraded shocks and new body anyways.