Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Kicking Horse (Shounak's VX)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
fourstar82 said:
Nice ride dude! Those rims are shmick, the headlights look awesome and you've done a great job with that dash too! Next job for you though is to replace the stock headunit and speakers!!! ummmm did anyone else notice Shounak's fly is down in the last photo? pmsl :rofl:

Andy
Cheers mate..

Head unit and speakers will always stay stock.. I couldn't care less about it.. All I need is a cd (or radio) playing at a reasonable level and I'm happy..

I'd spend that money on the exhaust and whatever else will come next..

Hahahah the fly.. Yeah.. Nice spot.. How closely were ya lookin?

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Oh fair enough, I just like a clear crisp sound, never found the stock systems to be any good, including my Camry. Exhaust would be a good option though! I was looking at the badge, and besides your reflection is kinda obvious... :rofl:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Wow car's coming along well mate, nice work. How much did you pay for your front and rear lights though? I'm looking at getting some at the moment. Found rears for roughly 160-180 but can't find front..

Our car's are going to be looking near identical when I get those done, cept for the painted fascia. Also, how much do the PODs go for and are they easy to install? I'm getting poor power from still and want to make it breathe a little better. Thanks mate

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
*slaps head* Chev badge.. dood what are you doing? that's as bad as somebody sticking on a VL turbo badge on a 3L stocker.

Anyway Apart from the deceptive badge work not bad.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spyper said:
Wow car's coming along well mate, nice work. How much did you pay for your front and rear lights though? I'm looking at getting some at the moment. Found rears for roughly 160-180 but can't find front..

Our car's are going to be looking near identical when I get those done, cept for the painted fascia. Also, how much do the PODs go for and are they easy to install? I'm getting poor power from still and want to make it breathe a little better. Thanks mate

Thanks mate.. The front lights were $275 and rears were $180.. I know the bloke who does front lights, I bought them a little while back..

Where are you located? If in Melb you can pick em up, otherwise he posts..

The pod was $50.. Took me 5 minutes to install with a screwdriver..

I'm not sure if it will increase power from still, but it definitely increases power in high revs whilst driving.. Gives it a kick in the arse, a big one..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXWAGMAN said:
*slaps head* Chev badge.. dood what are you doing? that's as bad as somebody sticking on a VL turbo badge on a 3L stocker.

Anyway Apart from the deceptive badge work not bad.
It's not deceptive.. Like I've said before, the badges aren't there to convince anyone of anything.. I didn't even know about the connotations when I bought them..

They are there to look cool.. The blue on the black.. Makes it look different.. I personally like the look..

Oh and I've still got my executive badges on with the same front bar and everything.. It's obviously an exec..

There's nothing deceptive about it..

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Nice ride ;) Clean and tidy.

S

Sensations

Still the Chev badge is as bad as excels with Apex racing ,NOS etc on there

doors :b:

Even worse when ya have ecotec V6 on the side.