Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Kicking Horse (Shounak's VX)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Sensations said:
Still the Chev badge is as bad as excels with Apex racing ,NOS etc on there .

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it..

However, for the upteenth time, there's nothing wrong with putting Chev badges on a car..

It's very obviously still a Commodore and a 6.. The Chev badges aren't out to fool anybody..

They are there for one reason.. The blue looks good on black.. It looks heaps neater with Chev badges then it does with the lions..

Even worse when ya have ecotec V6 on the side

Would it be better if I put GenIII badges on the sides? Ripped off the "Commodore" and "Executive" badges and changed them to "SS"..

And also changed my exhaust tip..

No, I'm afraid I won't be doing any of the above.. I drive a 6 and everyone knows I drive a 6.. The Chev badging isn't there to make anyone think I drive an 8..

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
nice wheels mate! have the same ones..

i was thinking about the altezza style lights, but now youve convinced me! just a matter of what kind... are they gen monaro ones, or those ones you find on ebay? how is the low/high beam on them compared to factory? and is replacing the front lights a bumper off job?

anyway, hot ride mate!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
nice car you have there bud, looks like its been taken car of. Watch those ambi pur thingos, mates leaked in his VY, stained and ate into his panel where you have yours mounted, cost him 100 dollars to replace plus the inconvienence, cant beat a magic tree.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
ciaranvt said:
nice wheels mate! have the same ones..

i was thinking about the altezza style lights, but now youve convinced me! just a matter of what kind... are they gen monaro ones, or those ones you find on ebay? how is the low/high beam on them compared to factory? and is replacing the front lights a bumper off job?

anyway, hot ride mate!

Thanks mate, I bought the lights off ebay.. They're not the genuine Monaro ones..

The actual headlight projection is much better then the Holden ones, but I don't think the high beam's as good..

Removing the front bar takes minutes.. All you need is a screwdriver.. Getting the lights out is harder then removing the front bar..

And even then, the lights are secured by three bolts.. Piss easy..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
highendrev said:
nice car you have there bud, looks like its been taken car of. Watch those ambi pur thingos, mates leaked in his VY, stained and ate into his panel where you have yours mounted, cost him 100 dollars to replace plus the inconvienence, cant beat a magic tree.

Cheers mate.. I tried something different, filled the Ambipur with my favourite Aftershave/Cologne..

It's bloody awesome..

I've kept an eye on mine, but it's been fine for the year I've had it.. I saw the other guys thread though.. Maybe he just got a faulty one? No complaints from me though..

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna head down to borgies in western suburbs (yes I'm melb too) and check out some of the stuff they have there. If that's a no go, I'll PM you and ask where to get the headies. Thanks mate.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey mate i like your car. About your headlights.... do they just replace the originals or did you have to modify something? And also how much where they and where did you get them from?

Cheers Mitch