Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
will the subsequent generations have access to the same levels of buying power or even desire to own them in years to come ?

Yep. When all of us cashed-up boomers with millions in super, million dollar McMansions, and garages full of classic cars fall off the perch.
The cash poor, disadvantaged, over-educated millenials are just circling, waiting.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Asking and getting two different things.
The engine is very famously 265ci, the $265k ask is light comedy that's also intended to convey "make me an offer". :)

When all of us cashed-up boomers with millions in super, million dollar McMansions, and garages full of classic cars fall off the perch.
The cash poor, disadvantaged, over-educated millenials are just circling, waiting.
They will then sell all the interesting classic cars in a fire sale (for bugger-all due to the lack of affordable fuel PLUS the glut of them in the market at that time); and at that point the most intelligent generation (Generation X) will buy them for SFA and quickly whip-up a Mr Antifusion which will convert the readily-available electricity to E85 or PULP98 for use in the cheap classics we just bought.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They will then sell all the interesting classic cars in a fire sale (for bugger-all due to the lack of affordable fuel PLUS the glut of them in the market at that time); and at that point the most intelligent generation (Generation X) will buy them for SFA and quickly whip-up a Mr Antifusion which will convert the readily-available electricity to E85 or PULP98 for use in the cheap classics we just bought.

We can only hope.

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
78844104_2664858863560300_9159453487447146496_n.jpg

Owned a VN V8 Calais, white - l.s.d, in Brock style.........acquired a VF SV6 in "Perfect Blue" about a month ago - not sure how I feel now about this news, and the selling of the VN.....but made me laugh seeing this photo....!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I enjoy the memory of when my mate took his boss' week-old 5spd VN Calais (moo-mang 125kW 1st-series) home one night, we went for a drive around the block, he gave it a bit of a hit and something went SNAP inside the engine & it needed a tow ... :)

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Owned a VN V8 Calais, white - l.s.d, in Brock style........
just enjoy the memories.

Ahh, yes, the memories….. a Panorama Silver 5L VN Calais, FE2, big tank, great long trip vehicle, over 240Km, endless money pit. Got to the stage where I was wondering what was going to fail next, and how much would it cost.

After $1 too many spent on repairs, I made a snap decision one day to buy a white VT Berlina.. ( I think it may have been a 4 cyl one.)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm thinking that any half-decent V8 VT or VX would be a nice cheap way of picking up the basis for a nice weekend cruiser and project.
Still cheap at present but ultimately would at least hold its value initially before slowly appreciating. If you weren't interested in capital gain, it would just be a nice project to restore and maintain.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm thinking that any half-decent V8 VT or VX would be a nice cheap way of picking up the basis for a nice weekend cruiser and project.
I believe VT2 SS's are already climbing in an upwards direction ... VT SS's are an interesting one, you'd get smashed by a hybrid Corolla at a set of lights but it's the very last of the 'real' Holden engines.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I believe VT2 SS's are already climbing in an upwards direction ... VT SS's are an interesting one, you'd get smashed by a hybrid Corolla at a set of lights but it's the very last of the 'real' Holden engines.

But you would sound a sh!t tonne better.