Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
VT - VZ SS or Calais V8 would be the pick of the bunch. I think they are about the bottom of the depreciation curve and still quite a few good ones about. I wouldn't expect that to be the case in 3 - 5 years.

no way if you want to go that era HSV or go home.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I wouldn't say no to a 5L VT SS in tiger orange!
I looked that up a week or so ago ... the Tiger Mica was actually a Series II colour, went with the release of the LS1 here.
Totally not as I remembered it!!

I liked the super 6. It even sounded good to me.
You may go down in history as the only person ever to say they liked the sound of an Ecomoo ... :D

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
no way if you want to go that era HSV or go home.

Possibly however you won't get one close to the SS/Calais money to begin with. In fairness there are only selected HSV's over the journey which go close to deserving the premium price tag.

My E3 was debatable (as much as I liked that car). Hard to argue against the LSA's, W427, Callaway VTII GTS, any of the 5.7L VR/S/T's and the niche (very under rated IMO) VP Clubby 5000i and VP GTS's, VN SV5000 to name a few that delivered significant performance upgrades for the money. For the most part though the Clubby/Sen/GTS were not much more than their respective Holden spec cars with a loud body kit and sometimes bigger brakes.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
For the most part though the Clubby/Sen/GTS were not much more than their respective Holden spec cars with a loud body kit and sometimes bigger brakes.
Do you mean on the used market, or when new?
When new the HSV's were (to my memory at least) significantly more expensive, you could always throw aftermarket parts at a particular car & it'd cost less than buying the HSV which had had "the same mods".

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I looked that up a week or so ago ... the Tiger Mica was actually a Series II colour, went with the release of the LS1 here.
Totally not as I remembered it!!

You may go down in history as the only person ever to say they liked the sound of an Ecomoo ... :D

I had VT S L67. It had HSV exhaust, yella terra roller rockers, hsv Cai, xu6 memcal and smaller pulley...
Exhaust sound was fine but M90 eaton whine was epic !
Loved it !