Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Lets see how long the last 2020 commodores are listed on carsales for hahaha

There won't be any 2020 Commodores. They can't sell the stock they have now. No way they will bring more in next year.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Aquilina the cleaner.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
2FFFC872-01E6-459C-A7A3-DC9FEF9003C2.jpeg

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
**** me. Prices will be going through the roof. I was selling my VX for 2K I might put another zero at the end

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Funny I feel less upset about this than I did when the Kingswood nameplate was dropped.

I guess it’s easier when it was so inevitable and add to that the fact it’s no longer a local build.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I don't think anybody should be surprised by this development; the German-made Commodore has been a flop with Australians since it landed, many describing it as a "squashed-roof Corolla" and overshadowed by cheaper, better-specified Euro rigs like the VWs and Audis. My dealer was one of the big names that cancelled all forward orders of the Commodore, selling only 3 in 9 months to old European retirees who thought they were buying German prestige. Fail: taking a German car and smacking on the Australian-born Commodore badge is a bloody cheek.

The next announcement I think will be of Holden pulling out of Australia entirely. This has been mooted several times since June this year.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
There won't be any 2020 Commodores. They can't sell the stock they have now. No way they will bring more in next year.

Very true indeed. And now existing stock values will plummet and go for a song (Boxing Day Sale, Euro Commodores going cheap, cheap, cheap!), just to shift the stuff.

As ABBA said, "Thank You for the Music". :(

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
I My dealer was one of the big names that cancelled all forward orders of the Commodore, selling only 3 in 9 months to old European retirees who thought they were buying German prestige.
My ex-wife (she's German) drives an Astra. She'll be pissed off that they are dropping the Astra too.....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
how do you kill it if it's already dead??