Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Chrysler considered that some years ago. A RHD conversion could be done using the 300C dash. But they estimated they could only sell 1000 a year, not enough to make it worthwhile.

I wonder how that volume number changes with the absence of anything similar in the current market ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Chrysler considered that some years ago. A RHD conversion could be done using the 300C dash. But they estimated they could only sell 1000 a year, not enough to make it worthwhile.
Given that they're pretty much a 20yo design now (wait - is it neary 30? - didn't the E-Class they're based on come out in 1991 or something?), it could be hard to convince people to fork-out Mustang money 'cos it'd be hard to NOT make it feel archaic.

I've always felt it was a better fit than the 300.
Yep, agreed. The 300's drug-dealing pimp look wasn't ever going to go down that brilliantly, and the Charger is basically the same car with different panels on the outside.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
There are a few getting around my neighbourhood, I think I'd rather the challenger over the Camaro at this point. Fortunately we can get LH drive car here in NZ so we save on that expensive HSV RH drive conversion :)
Hmmm. I'm a die hard mopar fan. Always have been. There's no 60's or 70's muscle car i'd take over a Hemi or 440 6 Pack Cuda, Challenger, Charger, Dart etc etc. But I've got to say the only thing current Challengers/Chargers have going for them are styling/looks (subjective) and straight line performance. Be it a Scat Pac, Hellcat or Demon. These things go hard. Very hard. It's in their DNA afterall. But (and it pains me to say this) the chassis is a pile of crap and Dodge can't spell build quality nor reliability. Don't get me wrong, i 'd love one too. But, they don't hold a candle to a ZL1 1LE in my book. It's a far more complete package.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Pity management seem to have lost/dropped the concept of @ “loss leader” halo product when building some strength in a brand. These days it all seems to be sports endorsements of crap products :oops:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hmmm. I'm a die hard mopar fan. Always have been. There's no 60's or 70's muscle car i'd take over a Hemi or 440 6 Pack Cuda, Challenger, Charger, Dart etc etc. But I've got to say the only thing current Challengers/Chargers have going for them are styling/looks (subjective) and straight line performance. Be it a Scat Pac, Hellcat or Demon. These things go hard. Very hard. It's in their DNA afterall. But (and it pains me to say this) the chassis is a pile of crap and Dodge can't spell build quality nor reliability. Don't get me wrong, i 'd love one too. But, they don't hold a candle to a ZL1 1LE in my book. It's a far more complete package.

Yep, you're right but then we don't drive Commodores either because they are the fastest thing on 4 wheels. I think a Charger/Challenger would be a great touring car.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
starting mrrp of under $40k for ct5

starting mrrp of just under $30k for challenger/charger

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca