Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
No... VE/VF were built on the Zeta platform, which was designed here by Holden.
5th gen Camaro's also built on the Zeta platfom.

Ah-so! Fantastic. Once and for all that lingering bit of doubt about the origins of these models is put to rest. Thanks.
(I do recall somewhere at sometime, hearing that Zeta thing but thought it referred to the speciality art-supplies business, Zeta Florence, in Fitzroy (Melb.)

And don't forget the Tesla model X . This really isn't a big surprise , all I can hope is it drives the prices up of the existing Aussie made Commodores . Oh and lets not forget that this website now has a life span of the last running Commodore , Lest we Forget

The Police...have Tesla X ?? Surely not? How much do those toys cost?? Next they'll be having a Royal Commission investigating where the money is coming from for flash, fast and fancy pursuit cars...

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Nope....in fact VE was the first all Australian designed Commodore.

I'm a little confused because of the name badges of the time: Commodore, Omega, etc... I must have thought they were Opel designs...

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The Police...have Tesla X ?? Surely not? How much do those toys cost?? Next they'll be having a Royal Commission investigating where the money is coming from for flash, fast and fancy pursuit cars...
https://www.caradvice.com.au/762581/tesla-model-x-vic-highway-patrol/
@Big Red VF-SII Go-kart Yup Vic have 'em . I was only reading a day or so about the Buick ( U.S ZB Commodore ) being pulled and the article assured that Commodore was to continue , how quickly things can change
EDIT: Just to add the Merc wagon that the cops have is a high powered version not available to the public , and I believe the Tesla X is about $130.000, also some of those vehicles mentioned are on loan and some have a kilometres limit

Last edited:

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
As some others have said, felt sadder with the end of the VF line - that felt like the last of the Commodores for me.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
It was a PITA I hated they had it in the boot.

Why? My 1971 Rover 3500 (P6B) had its lead-acid battery in the boot, where it aided front/rear weight distribution, and because it was cooler being away from engine heat, it lasted over 7 years. This at a time when most batteries were lucky to last 4 years. As far as I'm concerned, having the battery in the boot has great advantages, especially with the no-maintenance batteries we have today.