Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Vehicle:
· 1998 VS L67 Commodore Ute

Colour:
· Heron White

Engine:
· L67 Supercharged 6
· 10psi Pulley
· 69mm Throttle Body
· Mace Memcal
· Mace Thermostat
· Mace CAI
· MSD Coils
· Alloy Radiator
· Alloy Power Steering Tank
· Blue Silicon hoses
· Polished Valve Covers (coming soon)
· Blue Alloy Valve Cover cap

Suspension:
· Adjustable Coil Over Shocks
· HD Sway Bar
· HD Link Pins and Nolathane Rubbers

Transmission:
· 4E60L
· Stage 2 Transgo Shift Kit (coming soon)
· Corvette Servo (coming soon)

Brakes:
· VE Big Brake Kit, Slotted and Dimples
· Rear Slotted and Dimples

Exhaust:
· Pacemaker Extractors
· Sports System Exhaust
· Will be changing to twin system down the track

Interior:
· Statesman Velour Seats
· Statesman Kick Panels
· Statesman Sun Visors
· Statesman Glove Box
· Statesman Door Cards
· SAAS Steering Wheel
· Blue LED Dash Lights
· Blue Interior Light
· Tinted Windows
· Electric Windows (coming soon)

Body Mods:
· Hardlid
· Monaro Fiberglass Bonnet
· Smoothed Off Infill Panels

Wheels:
· 235/18/40 Tyres
· Hyper Wheels (changing soon)

I wanted a VS Ute with a Supercharged 6 that went ok and looked good, even to the point of wanting around the 300kw mark.
I found a Ute about 6hrs away from me which seemed ok, white 5spd v6 2000 model… but quickly learned the v6 5spd Getrag don’t handle much horsepower so opted for the auto.
vsute.gif

Sold the White Ute and purchased a Blue one, 2000 v6 auto… bit rough but straight body.
Turns out this one has a rusted ass end near the rear body rubber of the tub, so I’m in search for a good body but this one does server as a good work horse towing cars and moving parts.

20181102_100933.jpg

Along the way I picked up a VX L67 Supercharged 6 and Auto in good condition. I got some parts for the motor, Memcal, 69mm Throttle Body, Mace Thermostat, Mace CAI, 10psi Pulley and Belt. I also picked up a set of VE Big Brake Kit (Slotted and Dimples) and Rear (Slotted and Dimples). I got some new Engine Mounts to finish it off

20190402_150113.jpg

20190329_133114.jpg

Ended up finding another Ute but it this one is 5hrs north but might be worth looking at.

kkk.jpg

Turns out this one does have a good straight clean no rust body plus a few goodies like the Statesman Velour Seats and Wood Grain Momo Steering Wheel. It also came with Coil Over Shocks all round, Slotted Rotors on the front, Pacemaker Extractors and Sports Exhaust, Alloy Radiator and Power Steering Tank, MDS Coils and Pod Filter

6.jpg

20190824_155745.jpg

1.jpg

L674.jpg

Last edited:

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It came with a L67 Motor and Box but the cam bearings are shot and the box has had it. Not a problem as I have the other Motor and Box sitting here ready to go plus the goodies I have ready as well. The other advantage is seeing as it already has the L67 there is no mucking around with any wiring or computers.

Replaced the Windscreen today and gave it a wash n vacuum. I changed the crappy white fascia and bits back to original. It had a crappy black hood lining which I swapped over with a good one in the Blue Ute.

20190824_155804.jpg

hood2.jpg

hood1.jpg

Ok, the new Ute is looking clean and road worthy condition. Put the Rear Dimpled Rotors on today and swapped the wheels over, they look better than stock but I’m still not happy with them

lll.jpg

More to come .....

Last edited:

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Today i put the Steering Wheel Cap on which finished off the interior, can't get the horn to work but i think it'd something simple.
Put the Tub Liner from one Ute to the other, turned out to be an hour job due to removing some tie down brackets.
Took off the Rear Slotters and painted them Black and put it all back together again.

Tomorrow i will change the headlight, it has a big chip in it so ill swap it over with the other Ute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Those tub liners are very hard to come by. Mine was chopped into by a previous owner to fit a sailplane, which i removed. I actually don't think he even needed to cut a section out each side to fit it. Surely it could have been screwed on top.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I was lucky m8, came across one just around the corner for $50 with the tail gate bit. Oddly enough this new ute had a plastic piece over the back where your tarp buttons are behind the back window. So there are actually 3 bits to the liner, the Body, Tail Gate and Rear Parcel Shelf Panel. I will upload some more pic's tomorrow

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Tub Liner with extra piece on Rear Parcel shelve

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b5.jpg

Some Pics with Black wheels

b4.jpg

b6.jpg

The Rotor with painted black centers

b7.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Did the Headlight today, i thought it was a 10 min job lol, had to take the bumper off to get to the headlight bolts and it took a couple hours for me to do.

Had a chip in the headlight so i had to replace it.
c2.jpg

The are 3 screws on the radiator support panel, 2x 10mm bolts behind the number plate and 2x 10mm on the side of the bumper. Also some bumpers have a strut support to the bottom of the bumper
c1.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
You're making good progress mate. Keep it up

Cheers m8, im a bit stuffed with the weather atm or i would be powering along this week
Got lots of thing lined up to do, lol 30 yrs ago i would of kept going in the rain no worries but im getting too old for that sort of game.

Next up is to fit the VE Big Brake Kit to the front end.
After that i will get everything ready to pull the motor out. Got the spider crane ready to pull it out, no back breaking work here lol

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Picked up a Hardtop today for $100. Came with Hinges, Struts and Locks.
It's only sitting in place but looks better already

20190831_095536.jpg

20190831_095517.jpg