Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Well i have had a major swing in the design of build.

I won't be using the Sports Front Bar now, I'm going back to original or SS style bar.
The cost to finish "the look" i was going for works out too much and not where i was headed originally,
The side skirts + postage, flutes for skirts, rear sports bumper + postage, then i have to change the rear springs as it's to low to get out the driveway. Then there is the fitting and painting.....that money could be better spent....intercooler or tubs or ....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, painting costs a lot. You like me know how much time is involved painting something, if only most people knew.... On top of that 2k, primer and hardener really adds up. I have a few things to paint and I won't any change out of a $1000, $400, bonnet, $350 bar cover and $180 for the two mirrors and $250 for the tub rails. I need to find someone willing to do a cash job that does work from home, but still does it well. Finding that person is hard though. lol

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Well i have had a major swing in the design of build.

I won't be using the Sports Front Bar now, I'm going back to original or SS style bar.
The cost to finish "the look" i was going for works out too much and not where i was headed originally,
The side skirts + postage, flutes for skirts, rear sports bumper + postage, then i have to change the rear springs as it's to low to get out the driveway. Then there is the fitting and painting.....that money could be better spent....intercooler or tubs or ....
It looked a little off to anyway I think. Not bad just wrong on it. Each to their own though.
If you've already spent heaps why stop if you're chasing that different look, Will be a one off unique ute if it's what you wanted.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Spent way too much time making mine appear 'stock' on the outside...can't really go wrong with that style of look.

100% on tubs just make them look standard!!!!!

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
It looked a little off to anyway I think. Not bad just wrong on it. Each to their own though.
If you've already spent heaps why stop if you're chasing that different look, Will be a one off unique ute if it's what you wanted.

I have only spent money on the paint for the bumper plus the cost of the bumper which was cheap as.
I was about to purchase most of the bit but i started adding them up..... about $1,600 to finish it off
Side Skirts $200 Postage $100
Flutes for Skirts $147 Postage $30
Rear Sports Bar $400 Postage $200
Rear Springs $175
Fitting and Painting ?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Spent way too much time making mine appear 'stock' on the outside...can't really go wrong with that style of look.

100% on tubs just make them look standard!!!!!

It won't look stock when finished, some mods you will see others you will have to think "did they come out like that or...."
I will keep the Monaro bonnet, infill panels and hard lid.
The bucket list for the Ute has a set of VZ Flutes in the guards to be done at a later point.

Im getting a price on tubs tomorrow, will let you know more then

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have only spent money on the paint for the bumper plus the cost of the bumper which was cheap as.
I was about to purchase most of the bit but i started adding them up..... about $1,600 to finish it off
Side Skirts $200 Postage $100
Flutes for Skirts $147 Postage $30
Rear Sports Bar $400 Postage $200
Rear Springs $175
Fitting and Painting ?
Painting all that expect it to be $1100-$1400 labour. I have so much to paint but the cost of paying someone has meant things are not yet done. When you get an estimate just on bolt on's, it's not surprising painting a whole car cost is $9k-$12k.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I want to cut the stock tubs out of a wreck then join them from chassis rail to originals...that way it keeps the stock look & still eligible for 10.50's no cage as long term plan is drag challenge type build...also historic/60 day rego

Was planning these below but first will try sledgie mod method then the above...last resort is below or buy ropunded tubs.Only want 255/60/15 tyre just not sit like 4wd.

showtime customs & fabrication kit $495
50542067_2052939511489888_4881030985291923456_n_5e61d8bd-9b34-44c8-95ef-ec578214c93f_370x.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Thanks for the name " showtime customs & fabrication kit" just googled them...
I went to 2 places, first is a big name smash repair place. The Indian guy doing quotes didn't know what i ment by mini tubs or wheel tubs, so i moved on to the next place... he said it would take a week to do and $3,000 just to the first method you suggested, cut and join a 1.5 inch seam o_O

I will look into the kits and either do it myself (well, my mate can do the cutting and welding lol) or getting it professionally done.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah i doo love the stock look = but !!! It's not = if after max wheel / tyre width.
stock interal wheel arch cut and spacer added = a great = is that stock look? = for the uninformed , and cheapish to do